• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$99 3d printer

How do I preheat the nozzle and bed? Im going into this blind and know nothing on anything settings/setup related
typical start up will be....temp>preheat PLA>Preheat nozzle and bed>then back to menu>print from media>select file>print...cura is supposed to save your heat settings but mine doesnt so i just navigate back to temp screen and adjust my nozzle temp to what i want.......Make sure to use the new sd card not the included one cause it just sucks, then download a "slicer" on your computer ...it writes the code for the model you want to print in a computer language the ender can understand (toolpathing) load sd card when machine is off

typical start up will be....temp>preheat PLA>Preheat nozzle and bed>then back to menu>print from media>select file>print...cura is supposed to save your heat settings but mine doesnt so i just navigate back to temp screen and adjust my nozzle temp to what i want.......Make sure to use the new sd card not the included one cause it just sucks, then download a "slicer" on your computer ...it writes the code for the model you want to print in a computer language the ender can understand (toolpathing) load sd card when machine is off
Ill give it a look. What slicer do you use and is it normal that the 2nd smaller fan that's on the printing nozzle part isnt spinning?

Those who have just setup their printer. Printing a benchy( which is a little steamboat) is a test print to see how dialed in your settings are. Before you print something print this for trouble shooting.

image.jpg

Is that fan supposed to be off right now?

Finally completed my first successful print (3D calibration cube)!
I had to contact Creality about card reader issues and they quickly sent me a replacement 4.2.2 main board.
Installed the replacement board with a Creality BL Touch bed leveling sensor and now the printer is reading the card and printing correctly.
Creality sent me two boards...so I have an extra 4.2.2 main board if anyone needs one.

View attachment 4180027
Is that fan supposed to be off right now?
That fan will come on during your print. You typically want the fan off during the first layer, and then for it to come on afterwards for best first layer bed adhesion. This is controlled via the slicer software (Cura in my case), and is usually set in that configuration by default.

Back
Top Bottom