• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm reloading help needed

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been reloading 9mm for a while now. Have a load for suppressor use that has never really changed but am having issues in a specific gun. Reloads feed flawlessly in my P226, factory threaded g19 barrels, ATI threaded G43 barrel, and an MPX without issue. Recently dropped a threaded Faxon match barrel in my new g19 and am having FTE/double feeds in ammo that runs flawlessly in all other guns I have shot it out of. Assuming the chamber of the Faxon barrel is a little tighter and it's not quite ripping the rounds out and the next round is feeding on top of it. I've not really set my Lee to crimp much at all because I've always heard you don't really need to crimp 9mm. Should I crimp a little more or is my expanding die just over expanding the case mouth?

Thanks!
Caleb

Does the barrel work with other ammo?

It could be the barrel, or the ammo.

I would try some cheap fmj factory ammo and trouble shoot.

Your barrel may have too much lock up or too tight a chamber. Glocks and Sigs have very generous chambers—.

Does the barrel work with other ammo?

It could be the barrel, or the ammo.

I would try some cheap fmj factory ammo and trouble shoot.

Your barrel may have too much lock up or too tight a chamber. Glocks and Sigs have very generous chambers—.

Functions flawlessly with factory 158gr ammo with the can attached. My G43 with ATI barrel and can also cycles the reloads flawlessly.

If you have a phone with slow motion recording. Record a few failures and post them. It should be clear what type of failure you are experiencing. If it is always the same type of failure describe the position of the slide, fired round and unfired round. There are many separate processes happing in a short period of time when firing and reloading a round.

Back
Top Bottom