• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Gun Stops Corona Virus!?

By his own admission, he had a gun inside the Post Office. Leaving out the fact that he pointed it at someone, he could be in a lot of trouble. The article does not even mention the Post Office violation.

If you change this to "they were Comming at me with a knife" instead of they were dressed in protective clothing like they may have caronavirus which makes you just as dead, would deadly force be justified?
The difference is the reasonable interpretation of intent.
Seeing people walking around with masks and gives does not mean they have a deadly virus and are intent on sharing it with you, whereas seeing someone approach with a knife, presumably held in a threatening manner to fit your scenario, the interpretation of their actions were intended to cause harm would be reasonable.

well maybe not clinically 'craZy'.
This is what can happen to anyone that
watches too much of the media's 24/7
live virus coverage. Stirred him into a frenzy.
As for USPS gun ban, it should be challenged.
How ironic that gov'mint agency should be the
ones denying constitutional right to bare arms.
Particularly with history of numerous postal clerks
going berserk. If they are going to prohibit guns inside
then they should provide lockers outside for patrons to
secure EDC long enough to come inside. W/o doing that
patrons must risk being unprotected not only inside P.O.
also while crossing parking lot. Both ways. Fortunately my
post office's 'no weapons permitted' sign has been bleached
blank by the sun so no ban in effect there. At least that's the
legal argument when caught. IF ban is so important why hasn't
sign been replaced in last 5 years? Even federal requisition form
doesn't take that long.

If you change this to "they were Comming at me with a knife" instead of they were dressed in protective clothing like they may have caronavirus which makes you just as dead, would deadly force be justified?

The guy looked like a mild wind would have blown him over. So he could have said he thought the mom and child was going to kick his @%$ and felt justified in using deadly force.

Back
Top Bottom