• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Modest Proposal: A Truck Gun May Be Unrealistic

several layers of security difference and frequency of vehicle theft says the vehicle is not a safe place for valuables
Do u have statistics on how many Firearms are stolen out of a home per year and how many are stolen out of a vehicle per year? If not, then how do you know more are stolen out of vehicles and not homes

How is that any different from locking it in the truck ?
You are just adding multiple layers of defeatable security.
That wouldn't stop me. Ive got a truck box full of tools including a cordless grinder with a cut off wheel.
You want to see your seat laying in the parking lot beside your truck ?
most criminals are doing the smash and grab

that kind of tools and effort will defeat a safe

but why make it easy for the lil bastards checking doors?

well yea these are good reasons to leave a long gun in your vehicle. my post was mostly to the scenario of I'm already in a fight and if i can safely make it to my vehicle to obtain a greater weapon why wouldn't i just leave. Not every situation allows for th
broken window = not secured

unless you have a safe or cable lock

What if they cut your cable ?
What if they take your safe ? It cant be too big if you are carrying it around in you vehicle.

Same people worry about internet bullets.

What if they cut your cable ?
What if they take your safe ? It cant be too big if you are carrying it around in you vehicle.

Huh? i'm an advocate for having a truck gun. my post is just sayin' how i'd react given a particular set of circumstances.

What is so slow about a cordless grinder ?
I have a torch and cutting wheel that don't give a s**t about your safe.
If its built it can be unbuilt.

You mean these dangerous innernet type salt raffle boolits?
petty-crocker-gun-bullets.jpeg

In my experience in LE, there are far more instances of thieves obtaining firearms from home than there are thieves obtaining firearms from vehicles.

what if you walk to your car after a long days work and crackhead jack is already in your car going thru it with your truck gun

id feel like an asshole explaining to saint peter how i got killed with my own gun; and the crappiest one at that

Then I call the police. My name is john, the last name ain't wick. I don't think all of my problems can be solved with a firearm. What if the perp is going through your truck and you have your pistol on you? What are you going to do?

Back
Top Bottom