• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Modest Proposal: A Truck Gun May Be Unrealistic

You mean these dangerous innernet type salt raffle boolits?
petty-crocker-gun-bullets.jpeg

I have seen those before.. The dreaded black talons... or Silver talons...

I never said they were held responsible by the law, I mean by people like yourself and some other gun owners. Like a liberal (which you may be, bless your heart), you’re taking blame off of the actual guilty party (the criminal) and trying to place it on the innocent, lawful citizen. And also like a liberal, I’m sure you’d only apply this way of thinking to a gun and not any other tool in my truck, hence why I made the analogy of the hammer or machete.

No one is playing victim, I have factored in the potential loss of value if my truck gun (10/22, nothing exotic) gets gone. I’m not afraid of being charged by the police. But I’ll be damned if my property is stolen from inside my secure vehicle and then I’m told it’s my fault for having it there by a more “responsible” gun owner. I made the point that my truck should be treated just like my home and I’m guessing you don’t have a problem with me having guns there?
you used the words "help liable." That's a legal term. That means there is a legal penalty for a series of actions. Those are the words you chose to use.

As former LE I never worked a case where a vehicle was broken into and the thief made anymore than token effort to steal anything.
Any item that wasn’t easily located was rarely if ever taken.
I have worked numerous burglaries where the thief was able to spend large amounts of time and clear out homes.
Locks/safes/alarms are to keep honest people honest.

you used the words "help liable." That's a legal term. That means there is a legal penalty for a series of actions. Those are the words you chose to use.
You’re right! Wrong word, I should have said responsible as it doesn’t carry weight of law whereas liable does. Damn public education.

But the fact you’re looking that hard at my post is telling. Trying to win the argument on a technicality rather than by proving your point.

can anyone offer me a good reason for not securing a truck gun beyond rolling windows up, locking door and hoping someone doesnt break their ****??

Then I call the police. My name is john, the last name ain't wick. I don't think all of my problems can be solved with a firearm. What if the perp is going through your truck and you have your pistol on you? What are you going to do?
if i got my gun on me then the perp may or may not have one; but at least he aint gonna use my own gun against me

In my experience in LE, there are far more instances of thieves obtaining firearms from home than there are thieves obtaining firearms from vehicles.
not sure if true but whats more common, vehicle break in or home invasion?

this isnt about whether or not you should have a truck gun; its about being a dumbass by not securing it beyond what could prevent a smash and grab

honestly it surprises me so many odt members have this ignorant attitude when it comes to being safe with guns (safety goes beyond handling them, its about being proactive to prevent accidents and it falling into wrong hands)

so far no one has produced a reason to NOT secure a truck gun

I’d personally like to see options on how they are secured since I’m ignorant in that field. I’m talking long guns not a pistol safe.
ive seen trunk safes, cable locks used, hidden compartments etc.

i figure anything beyond leaving in your trunk, console, or under seat is a good idea to prevent smash and grab or ****bag teenagers checking car handles

Back
Top Bottom