• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Modest Proposal: A Truck Gun May Be Unrealistic

Do u have statistics on how many Firearms are stolen out of a home per year and how many are stolen out of a vehicle per year? If not, then how do you know more are stolen out of vehicles and not homes
**** statistics, thats retarded

how bout you give me a reason why its a bad idea to secure a truck gun beyond locking it in a car

the idea of a truck gun is dumb IMO but i can see why someone would want one. what i dont understand is the flat out refusal to secure your weapon or worse the dip****s who say "ohhh was my least expensive gun, doesnt matter" even though that gun will kill someone just as dead

prevent arming criminals and dont make a victim out of yourself and others

ive seen trunk safes, cable locks used, hidden compartments etc.

i figure anything beyond leaving in your trunk, console, or under seat is a good idea to prevent smash and grab or ****bag teenagers checking car handles
If I’m not in my truck then neither is my CC, unless, I’ve stepped in a place that prohibits carry and that would only be for a short period of time. If I did, and I don’t, keep a long gun in the truck, I would want it to be a mutha for someone to snatch hence the reason I’d like to see those options.

If I’m not in my truck then neither is my CC, unless, I’ve stepped in a place that prohibits carry and that would only be for a short period of time. If I did, and I don’t, keep a long gun in the truck, I would want it to be a mutha for someone to snatch hence the reason I’d like to see those options.
thats about like me then

i carry and if im going in tag office or something i use a standard cable lock that clips thru my seat and thru my gun

mag goes in console. im sure the cable lock could be defeated but would require heavy duty snips and since i dont leave it in there often or long periods of time i figure thats close enough

ive seen console boxes and trunk safe things like that

alot of options and alot can be cheap

37D492FA-7E2D-43B7-AA92-A865FE22BEB4.png

basically anything that keeps jack with a brick from snatching your gat

**** statistics, thats retarded

how bout you give me a reason why its a bad idea to secure a truck gun beyond locking it in a car

the idea of a truck gun is dumb IMO but i can see why someone would want one. what i dont understand is the flat out refusal to secure your weapon or worse the dip****s who say "ohhh was my least expensive gun, doesnt matter" even though that gun will kill someone just as dead

prevent arming criminals and dont make a victim out of yourself and others
So what you are saying is you can't back up your previous statement.

I consider my truck firearm secure hidden in side a locked truck. Yet it is still quickly accessible for my use. You might help your argument if you would not post statistics you can't back up

not sure if true but whats more common, vehicle break in or home invasion?

this isnt about whether or not you should have a truck gun; its about being a dumbass by not securing it beyond what could prevent a smash and grab

honestly it surprises me so many odt members have this ignorant attitude when it comes to being safe with guns (safety goes beyond handling them, its about being proactive to prevent accidents and it falling into wrong hands)

so far no one has produced a reason to NOT secure a truck gun

To be fair, I don’t think any one is advocating not securing weapons in vehicles. Most people seem to be arguing what is “secure enough”, and that becomes irrelevant at a certain point. What’s secure against one thief may not be secure against another - one who has more time, tools, and skill vs than one who’s just running through a parking lot checking for unlocked doors for example. No amount of security precaution will deter a determined thief, if he wants to break into something he will regardless of the security device used - key word “break” into, what can be made can be broken no matter how seemingly secure it is, it’s just a matter of time. That’s the key, time - put as many time consuming obstacles in their way as possible (wether that’s locks/hardware etc., or simply hiding the gun) and chances are, they will move on to a softer target. That’s security. The point is of course you should secure your firearm, but you should do so in a way that allows you to access it as quickly as possible.

Back
Top Bottom