• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A reliable 1911....

Nothing wrong with 1911s other than they are built by an array of quality variable factories. If you want one to run forever, buy quality (Colt, Sig, DW, Kimber etc). If you wish to "upgrade" it, either know what the hell you are doing or find a reliable gunsmith. If you moan and groan about how unreliable 1911s are, quit buying Filipino pot metal crap made from recycled lawn mower blades or quit mix matching parts that don't go together well. Hint- If you are watching Youtube videos to help you take it apart and put it back together, GO...find a gunsmith. Good 1911s are like clocks on the inside. It's easy to bend / warp / improperly align the grip safety-sear spring even if you are pretty good at maintaining or working on your 1911. I would guess this is the number one malfunction problem. It isn't a design flaw. It is a people messing with something they shouldn't be messing with problem. Also, it isn't fair to compare Glock when only Glock makes Glocks to 1911s...made by everybody and customized by everybody else.

I tried to read all of this, but just kept thinking that you voted for Hillary Clinton.

Kinda hard to take you seriously.

:becky:

Nothing wrong with 1911s other than they are built by an array of quality variable factories. If you want one to run forever, buy quality (Colt, Sig, DW, Kimber etc). If you wish to "upgrade" it, either know what the hell you are doing or find a reliable gunsmith. If you moan and groan about how unreliable 1911s are, quit buying Filipino pot metal crap made from recycled lawn mower blades or quit mix matching parts that don't go together well. Hint- If you are watching Youtube videos to help you take it apart and put it back together, GO...find a gunsmith. Good 1911s are like clocks on the inside. It's easy to bend / warp / improperly align the grip safety-sear spring even if you are pretty good at maintaining or working on your 1911. I would guess this is the number one malfunction problem. It isn't a design flaw. It is a people messing with something they shouldn't be messing with problem. Also, it isn't fair to compare Glock when only Glock makes Glocks to 1911s...made by everybody and customized by everybody else.

First detail strip of a 1911 was on a Taurus 1911. Did it by watching a YouTube video. Went just fine. Polished up a few of those pot metal pieces and it smoothed out beautifully. No longer have that stainless steel beauty.

Now I'm running a piece of crap RIA Tac II FS made in the Philippines. Never had a problems with it. Accurate and reliable. Guess the Filipinos retained some of the knowledge of the handgun that helped overthrow the Moro insurgency during the Spanish-American War.

Not everyone can afford a high-end firearm. Not everyone can afford a gunsmith and are willing to get a little dirty learning about their firearms. I've used YouTube videos to help me build and tear-down AR pattern rifles, Mosin-Nagant's, SKS's, AKM pattern rifles and numerous others.

Your post reeks of....hell, I don't even know.

I tried to read all of this, but just kept thinking that you voted for Hillary Clinton.

Kinda hard to take you seriously.

:becky:
I'm keeping quiet on politics for now. Until sometime in the first 30 or so days, Trump gets impeached by his own party or starts a nuclear war with Canada or something equally entertaining...Then I'll break out the "I told you so"s I have saved up.

First detail strip of a 1911 was on a Taurus 1911. Did it by watching a YouTube video. Went just fine. Polished up a few of those pot metal pieces and it smoothed out beautifully. No longer have that stainless steel beauty.

Now I'm running a piece of crap RIA Tac II FS made in the Philippines. Never had a problems with it. Accurate and reliable. Guess the Filipinos retained some of the knowledge of the handgun that helped overthrow the Moro insurgency during the Spanish-American War.

Not everyone can afford a high-end firearm. Not everyone can afford a gunsmith and are willing to get a little dirty learning about their firearms. I've used YouTube videos to help me build and tear-down AR pattern rifles, Mosin-Nagant's, SKS's, AKM pattern rifles and numerous others.

Your post reeks of....hell, I don't even know.
Yeah, me too...Not everybody is mechanically inclined and you aren't here moaning about how crappy 1911s are either. I was speaking to a targeted audience.

That's the craziest post of the thread. Nobody has ever accused Glocks of being unreliable. I think they are ugly, cheap, utilitarian, and about the most reliable handgun on the market. I don't love them, but more often than not I'm trusting my life and the lives of those I love to one.
Wow...guess your your not in laughing mood...goodness gracious

Only fired about 50k rounds. Like new.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20151012_125407_zpsbyfcwgcg.jpg
texas style

Not a big fan of 45 and have only shot one but it was smooth and accurate. I think I'll just build a commander size in 357sig, that's the only way I see myself owning one

Back
Top Bottom