• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Yes. 3D printed
I see the lines now, I thought it was chatter or just bad milling. As a note, carbon fiber reinfoced plastics in fdm printer hold very similar strengths to aluminum and are comparable in a lot of applications. I hope our freedoms to produce personal weapons doesn't pass before some good fruit is reaped from the technology emerging

I see the lines now, I thought it was chatter or just bad milling. As a note, carbon fiber reinfoced plastics in fdm printer hold very similar strengths to aluminum and are comparable in a lot of applications. I hope our freedoms to produce personal weapons doesn't pass before some good fruit is reaped from the technology emerging

I agree with the sentiment, but not the execution.

Be very wary of someone's home built gun. There's only two reasons someone would home build, A: to save money or B: build something not readily available. I venture to say 95% is reason A. Be afraid, very afraid.

I had a Ruger MPR that wouldn’t lock open on the last round. I started researching it, and there were simple fixes to correct the issue. But I didn’t want to mess with it, read some other posts, and said screw it. So I sold the Ruger with a disclaimer and bought a BCM. I’m at that point in my life where I just want quality.

Everything about the MPR was awesome, but that bolt not locking to the rear got under my skin.

Some of us know how to build guns to spec :cool2:

(thanks to Shep)
Of course, but this group is not an average sample pool of all gun builders. Ive picked up a few things off here that were....not what they should have been. After building my first few, I've stood by the fact that one cannot build the same gun they could buy, quality wise in parts and QC, for less or the same money. I'm not saying there are not quality builders that can build a fine weapon, but we can all agree the big guys invest in the technology to test and check and build more rifles in a day than most us would in a lifetime. That counts for something when the booger hook hits the bang switch.

Anderson barrel. Impossible to tell in the pic, but the gas port isn’t drilled all the way through. It’s a gas divot.
5A796412-91FA-46A6-9DC9-3E443C3A7867.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom