• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Of course, but this group is not an average sample pool of all gun builders. Ive picked up a few things off here that were....not what they should have been. After building my first few, I've stood by the fact that one cannot build the same gun they could buy, quality wise in parts and QC, for less or the same money. I'm not saying there are not quality builders that can build a fine weapon, but we can all agree the big guys invest in the technology to test and check and build more rifles in a day than most us would in a lifetime. That counts for something when the booger hook hits the bang switch.
Of course! The only inverse to that is what we see in this thread where because of the volume, **** can slip between the cracks. I was just being funny in my initial response though. There’s a whole **** load of real silly **** that goes on when most people build a rifle.

Aero Precision, you got me again.
270F6A27-7D35-4F9D-A1C9-4AB736FF7BA8.jpeg

I’ve had two do this so far and Ive only built like 5 lowers on my bench since Ive set it up.

Across the board, I’ve seen quality go down on AR’s and AR parts. I’ve seen it much more with companies in the lower- to mid-quality tiers (Anderson to Aero), but I’ve seen some issues with very high end makers, as well.

Aero Precision, you got me again.
View attachment 3795388

Apparently, Sir, you are unfamiliar with the standard torque value of "tighten it down until it snaps, then back it off a 1/4 turn". It's close in value to "tighten it down until it strips out, then back it off a 1/4 turn".

I've used this torque setting on multiple fasteners for years, especially deck screws when driven by an impact driver.

Back
Top Bottom