• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AAC Customer Service/Don’t Buy

A known issue with the 51t mount. Revolutionary when it dropped a decade ago, dinosaur now. ASR and Keymo rule the roost now. Does Ecco do a hub conversion to switch it over to something else or they just direct thread it?

C17F1280-E80B-41F1-9681-10C6FAD7A780.png

So back in 2019 I decided to take the plunge and buy my first suppressor. Went on SilencerShop and boom next thing you know I’m in atf limbo waiting on my AAC M4-2000. Finally got my hands on it in March 2020 and everything was great for a while.
View attachment 4425795

So fast forward to sometime in summer of 2021 and I notice that the can is actually loose after firing, and after tinkering with it for a little while I come to find out the ratchet teeth and spring are worn out on the suppressor itself. This is not something you can easily repair yourself because at the time you couldn’t find those parts. Also during that time AAC was out of business because they were part of the Remington group fiasco, someone probably has way better info on that than me, bottom line they were not in operation.

Sometime in early 2022 they were bought by another company and went back in operation. I sent them an email yesterday through their website and did receive a quick response however it was not the one I was looking for.
View attachment 4425816

So now they basically say they will fix it $100 plus shipping. Pretty disappointing. You’d think they would have a lifetime warranty. Bottom line is I wouldn’t recommend an aac can at this point. Most ppl have probably moved on from them by now anyways but just wanted to let y’all know. I am still debating on sending the can back for repair even though I have other suppressors now I’d still like to have this one 100%. Not sure. Just wanted to vent! Haha

Send it back and pay the $100, if you shoot with it loose you'll have a much more expensive repair if you shoot a hole thru it. Here is the trick once you get it repaired: don't let the teeth grind/click while you twist the can on to the mount, hold down the release lever the entire time you twist it on to the mount, once it's tight, then release the lever and the teeth will lock into place without any wear on them. I did the exact same thing with my AAC can when I got it, I didn't know any better and I ratcheted it on and off over and over and sure enough mine was loose too, when I sent mine back for repair it was free at that time. But that was years ago and ever since I got it back I have not let the teeth grind while I twist the can on and I have had no issues at all. That clicking noise you hear while twisting the can on is what kills the teeth. Best of luck, I know the $100 fee sucks but I would get it over with and then do what I said and you should be good to go.

Edited to add that mine is a 90t so I can't say for certain it will be as effective with the 51t.

Send it back and pay the $100, if you shoot with it loose you'll have a much more expensive repair if you shoot a hole thru it. Here is the trick once you get it repaired: don't let the teeth grind/click while you twist the can on to the mount, hold down the release lever the entire time you twist it on to the mount, once it's tight, then release the lever and the teeth will lock into place without any wear on them. I did the exact same thing with my AAC can when I got it, I didn't know any better and I ratcheted it on and off over and over and sure enough mine was loose too, when I sent mine back for repair it was free at that time. But that was years ago and ever since I got it back I have not let the teeth grind while I twist the can on and I have had no issues at all. That clicking noise you hear while twisting the can on is what kills the teeth. Best of luck, I know the $100 fee sucks but I would get it over with and then do what I said and you should be good to go.
I hear you. I definitely will keep the latched pressed in after I get it repaired! I’ve got a surefire too and since the aac wore the teeth down I always keep the latch pressed when I tighten up the surefire.

Another option is to try and get a mount to seize up inside of the can and essentially turn it into a direct thread can. But I would check it with an alignment rod to make sure everything is straight before shooting it if you do try that

Just as an update if anyone is interested. I decided to just send it back to aac and have the latch replaced so I got a RMA on Friday(6/24) I took it to the ups store on Saturday and it shipped to them on Monday. They received it on Tuesday and was done with the fix the same day. They called and got my card number to pay the $100 and they shipped it back to me on Wednesday and I just received it on Friday 7/1. So basically a 1 week repair from door to door. The guy that I talked to was very helpful, his name was Josh. I believe they are operating on a skeleton crew there he said on the phone he’s having to do 4 peoples jobs. Overall good experience just wish it would have been free.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 11
I only have a 22 suppresor. From what I have been reading lately some companies have a no bullsh*t warranty. Just send it back and we will repair it. YHM use to have that warranty but has since changed. This includes all the past ones that YHM has sold. The forums are really bithching about YHM changing their warranty rules. I wonder if AAC did the same over the years

Back
Top Bottom