"AD"in Nashville last week by an instructor.

sounds more like a ND... without evidence of a mechanical failure, i find it difficult to believe that a newer production and well reputed firearm discharged on racking the slide.

Accidents do happen and I appreciate his well put response, he doesn't seem like an idiot or arrogant about the incident... another plus. You have to keep focused when handling firearms, it's all to easy to be come overly comfortable with one and forget simple things like a good solid grip on the slide.

I feel diferently. You CANNOT dischage a P99 by racking the slide, you CAN discharge one by pulling the trigger WHILE racking the slide.

To have an "instructor" pull out a gun and assume it was unloaded out of a students gun case proves he should have his credentials removed ASAP!
As sorry as my HCP course instructors were, they met you at the door and physically inspected your weapon. There are ZERO excuses here.

The email SHOULD have said, "I broke two of the cardinal rules of gun handling. Never put your finger on the trigger unless your ready to fire, and treat EVERy gun as it is loaded" I guess you can also add, dont point a gun at anything you dont want to destroy, but why pile it on huh?​

I don't. It's extremely likely, but without an eyewitness account or better, video, no one else really does either...

I'll jump on the instructor fail boat parade happily once I read/see something like that though...

BufordDouchemoment.jpg

Back
Top Bottom