"AD"in Nashville last week by an instructor.

Recruit got killed at a LEO training facility (In Cobb County I think) few years back where they had them complete an exercise in which they dry fired a gun at another live person as we see demonstrated in the photos above.

I think the thought behind it is that if you won't dry fire at another person, you won't pull the trigger when the SHTF.

I personally think it is an exercise in stupidity.

Last edited:
Recruit got killed at a LEO training facility (In Cobb County I think) few years back where they were had them complete an exercise in which they dry fired a gun at another live person as we see demonstrated in the photos above.

I think the thought behind it is that if you won't dry fire at another person, you won't pull the trigger when the SHTF.

You're right about the logic behind that technique and I agree with you on the stupidity of it.

Recruit got killed at a LEO training facility (In Cobb County I think) few years back where they were had them complete an exercise in which they dry fired a gun at another live person as we see demonstrated in the photos above.

Completely agree. If they really want to "pull triggers" on each other there are paintball and airsoft guns that can do that with a guarantee that nobody "accidentally"-aka-Stupidly, gets killed!

I also dont buy the reasoning of using a REAL firearm to check your dominant eye or or trigger pull while pointing at someone, especially their head! A blue gun, or even a dang wooden gun would suffice. Hell, a banana would work!

For everyone saying that he had to pull the trigger ..... WRONG ... didnt HAVE to pull the trigger.

I have personally witnessed detonation of a round when ejecting a round ..... the primer is struck by the ejector .... and if you dont think its possible then why does USPSA have a rule directly dealing with the detonation of a round while showing clear ? They have a rule dealing with it BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.

??? So you have seen a round go off while racking the slide back? NOT releasing the slide forward, as per his email he was clearing the gun, so it would have been, a) out of battery, and b) the round would have been ejecting / ejected. A gun laying on a table does not go off. SOMETHING has to be done to facilitate this action. i.e., pulling the trigger a split second prior to racking the slide.

For everyone saying that he had to pull the trigger ..... WRONG ... didnt HAVE to pull the trigger.

I have personally witnessed detonation of a round when ejecting a round ..... the primer is struck by the ejector .... and if you dont think its possible then why does USPSA have a rule directly dealing with the detonation of a round while showing clear ? They have a rule dealing with it BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.

I'd like to see the dynamics involved to cause an ejector to ignite a primer.

That guy is an idiot! If I was taking one of his classes and he told me to dry fire my weapon in his face, I would ask for my money back and leave.

you and me both !!!

this guy obviously needs to be somewhere else in life all by himself .....where he cant show people how to be a dumbazz like he is ;(

I'd like to see the dynamics involved to cause an ejector to ignite a primer.

It can happen, in a rimfire ! Once, after a day of .22 carnage, I was unloading a Ruger mkll which I purposely left loaded. The mkll was quite dirty, and when I pulled back the bolt , it refused to move. Not to be outdone, I proceeded to grit my teeth, and take a death-grip upon the mkll , making sure I was clear of the trigger I pulled the bolt back with extreme prejeduce, BANG ! A bed with a bullet hole and a lesson learned ... seems the extractor pulls on the primer in a rimfire.

Interesting that an instructor would have his hand in front of the muzzle when checking or clearing a chamber.

That's what I was thinking.

Love how he insinuates that the AD was the gun's fault, though; "The gun, which has a striker firing mechanism, discharged while being racked." What isn't he telling us here? That he picked up the gun and pulled the trigger as he went to rack the slide? I've never heard of a gun just randomly discharging while the slide was being racked....unless you pull the trigger whilst racking it....

Back
Top Bottom