"AD"in Nashville last week by an instructor.

What a dolt.

Besides being a freaking moron for not following basic safety rules, this guy attempts to push the blame on a student?!?!

DING-DING-DING!!!!!!!! Exactly my point. Utter absurdity! These are NEW firearms owners that hardly know which end kills you. The "Instructor" is there to teach them like infants.....

Quoted from a poster there.

"Having just read Tune's, ridiculous to me, account of how a student's SW99 accidentally fired while he was racking it, (not my fault, defective gun, student's fault), it is obvious nothing has changed with him. He still refuses to accept responsibility for anything he gets caught doing wrong.

Pretty pathetic, in my opinion. For once, be a man and admit you simply FU##ED up again. Nobody else's fault.

A Metro Detective came by the shop today and mentioned the press-check method, with the Buford Tune variant. Put your hand in front of an unchecked gun, and pull the trigger. [Broken External Image]:"

Enlarged.

attachment.php

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

where was this awesome drill at training the other day!?

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

where was this awesome drill at training the other day!?

In years past, most of the Instructors that I had made the comment that if anyone in the class pointed a gun at them or pulled the trigger while doing so, they would return fire & would not miss... very sobering but to my knowledge no one ever did either.

Did anyone else notice that firing line discipline is not being observed & there is another student with a gun pointed downrange while he is focused another student, and that there seems to be 5 students in attendance?
Most insurance policies including the N.R.A. I believe specify no more than 4 per Instructor.

This is a great example of the quality of some of the "Instructors" out there... do your homework on your prospective school & your specific Instructor & be careful where you spend your money.

"keeganxt"... Next class we'll do more weak-handed shooting if you'd like.

This is a great example of the quality of some of the "Instructors" out there... do your homework on your prospective school & your specific Instructor & be careful where you spend your money.

Good idea, EXCEPT that the folks that really need that advice are not reading this thread or any forum like this one. The responsability should lie with each state to only qualify "QUALIFIED" instructors in my opinion. :(

Just wanted facts, seems just to me...

Good on you to not be in a hurry to "convict" him.

You will find that the best schools are extremely vigilant about following the 4 Cardinal Safety Rules... especially in the Basic classes & almost always even in more advanced ones.
If these rules are being violated right off the bat, I too would ask for my money back & leave. You're money might not be refunded but at least you would leave w/o more holes in your body than what you came with.

It can be surprising that this kind of training behavior is out there. I'm actually surprised we don't hear about it more often. There were two cases, last year I believe, where two different Instructors demonstrated to a class that a gun was empty by pointing it at their head & pulling the trigger.

Of course it wasn't & both of them were killed instantly.... horrible I know but it proves a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, deadly even.
Some people think that due to a life-long exposure to firearms that they have become experts through osmosis.... it doesn't work that way.

You only know what you are taught.
Several "gun guys" (this included me) are/were very reluctant to take classes as they presume they already know everything they need to know. As every honest one that I've had come through our school as well as other training academies will tell you they were shocked to find out how little they knew. It is very humbling... and is also the reason why every serious Instructor that I know regardless of level, continues to take outside classes.

Last edited:
Good idea, EXCEPT that the folks that really need that advice are not reading this thread or any forum like this one. The responsability should lie with each state to only qualify "QUALIFIED" instructors in my opinion. :(

I agree with you in theory that there should be a more stringent qualification standard.
One of my lead Instructors & I went through the N.R.A Instructor Course & were totally shocked as SEVERAL of the people in the class had NEVER TAKEN A BASIC PISTOL CLASS!!! Yet they wanted to be an Instructor! Wow.
One of them had a WW II Luger that he was bouncing shots off the deck at about the 7 yd. line while we were shooting from 15 yds. Fortunately almost half of the class didn't get their certification.

But I do believe more & more people are seeking out training which for the most part is a good thing... as long as they check references & do some homework.

Back
Top Bottom