• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors painted my gun the wrong color. Why I'm upset.

It shouldn't be up to the employees to respond to the thread. It should be up to the Owners/General Manager.

Exactly, the employees can't do squat (speaking from experience). It's a family run business where they don't pay anyone what they're worth and you can't move up the chain unless your last name is Wallace. Think about it... AO was born from a pawn shop...

Last edited:
If you get a chance, read back over some of the threads that popped up during the "great scare" and read all about guns shown in-stock, but when requested, found to be "gunbroker" only items .... There were multiple threads about guns being ordered, but ended up not being available due to being sold on "GunBroker"; some customers were jerked around for weeks on end.

I'm personally not privy to any of this, as I never did biz with them during this time, however, based on the multiple threads I read, I suspect that there was some shady **** going on.

During the gun scare when people were waiting months for Bushmasters, they would receive several of them and put most of them on Gunbroker... meanwhile their in-store customers that have already paid are still waiting. Yet another reason why I quit working there.

Exactly, the employees can't do squat (speaking from experience). It's a family run business where they don't pay anyone what they're worth and you can't move up the chain unless your last name is Wallace. Think about it... AO was born from a pawn shop...

[Broken External Image]:

image.jpg

If that "Senior Gunsmith" is David McDonald, I've known him almost 20 years...Let's just say he is, in my estimation, an "Interesting" Dude...

I believe he is almost entirely self-taught as far as Gunsmithing goes, which could be good--or bad...

I have a coupla' friends who will let no one else TOUCH their guns--These are SERIOUS "Gun People" and Competition Shooters, BTW--And then I know a couple more who wouldn't let him work on THEIR Guns if he was the last Gunsmith on Earth...I have never had him do any "Work" on any of mine, FWIW...

Last thing I will say is that I believe David is an "Independent Contractor" at AO, rather than an EMPLOYEE, and, if it was ME, I would BYPASS Eric Wallace--The General Manager--And deal directly with the Owner, Jay Wallace, in attempting to get any of these issues resolved...HTH....mikey357
Yep, that's the dude. Main reason to bring it to him was that a buddy had the same issue with the same firearm and David fixed it for him. So heck, I thought I'd found the right dude. Man was I ever wrong. Never again man.

What about the time I went in there to actually buy a gun. I picked out the one I wanted, the guy boxed it up, I filled out the 4473 form, and it wasn't until he was about to swipe my credit card that he told me there would be a 3% increase because I wasn't paying in cash. Excuse me??? Um, could you have told me that when I said I would buy it? Okay, so maybe a lot of gun consumers know about this and because of this experience I'm aware of it as well. But to assume that I already know about this price increase is crap. I mean, unless someone knows about this why would they have over $1,000 in cash on them? Yes, that's how much the gun was that I was about to buy. When I told him I wasn't willing to pay an additional 3% he was a complete jerk about it. I had already put my personal information on the 4473 form and he said he wasn't able to let me take it and claimed it was a requirement by the ATF for them to keep all the forms. I've had other gun stores give me the form to destroy on my own when they made a mistake on it. The guy was a complete jerk about the whole scenario and I was actually trying to buy a gun that was over a grand. Didn't go back, so they never got that grand from me. And I have no problem going window shopping there and not buying from them. That's what they get for being d-bags! I know you were playing devil's advocate, so this isn't against you. Just a response to your thoughts.

If the 4473 had been completed (i.e. background check, and transactioned out of their inventory system), then he was correct. They must retain the 4473 at this point. If he was about to charge your card, it was likely already to this point of completion

I would look at this company's advertising model, inventory, and location choice. Learn what they do here, and apply it. They have absolutely NOTHING else going for them. If someone could get those things down, plus the addition of being a quality company who cares about the customer, you would be SET for life! Plus customers would come in and actually buy the guns that they fondle. I won't support these guys. Sadlly, I'm not even attending the July 1st party because of this venue. This gun bill took up a lot of my time and energy this year, it really says alot that I'm not attending the celebration. This "business" is constantly ruining people's gun buying experience.

Back
Top Bottom