• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors painted my gun the wrong color. Why I'm upset.

My experience is that AO employees are arrogant and ignorant, a dangerous combination. Their tactics during the scare are enough for me to never set foot in the store again. I don't care if they were giving guns away. There are plenty of great places to give my business (i.e., Cherokee Gun).

Knowing the reputation of that place why in the HELL did you ever take it there to begin with? I can only see this getting uglier.good Luck with those buffoons

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't trust those idiots with a potato gun. If I was in your spot. I go to management and have them repaint it the correct color or take is somewhere else.

Also, let me first say that I am in no way trying to justify their lack of customer service or unwillingness of employees going out of their way to help "customers", BUT...notice how most people in this thread and other threads about Adventure Outdoors that say that they just go there to fondle guns and see if they like them with no intentions of buying them there? I can see why the employees are less than helpful sometimes. Just think how many times per day they hand people multiple guns, sit there while they inspect them just for them to go somewhere else and buy them.

Like I said, I'm not trying to justify their actions but I know it must get old helping people who probably have no interest in purchasing anything from them.

I've never been to AO and I don't know anybody who works for them so I really have no dog in the fight. Just trying to play devils advocate here.

What about the time I went in there to actually buy a gun. I picked out the one I wanted, the guy boxed it up, I filled out the 4473 form, and it wasn't until he was about to swipe my credit card that he told me there would be a 3% increase because I wasn't paying in cash. Excuse me??? Um, could you have told me that when I said I would buy it? Okay, so maybe a lot of gun consumers know about this and because of this experience I'm aware of it as well. But to assume that I already know about this price increase is crap. I mean, unless someone knows about this why would they have over $1,000 in cash on them? Yes, that's how much the gun was that I was about to buy. When I told him I wasn't willing to pay an additional 3% he was a complete jerk about it. I had already put my personal information on the 4473 form and he said he wasn't able to let me take it and claimed it was a requirement by the ATF for them to keep all the forms. I've had other gun stores give me the form to destroy on my own when they made a mistake on it. The guy was a complete jerk about the whole scenario and I was actually trying to buy a gun that was over a grand. Didn't go back, so they never got that grand from me. And I have no problem going window shopping there and not buying from them. That's what they get for being d-bags! I know you were playing devil's advocate, so this isn't against you. Just a response to your thoughts.

What happened to the op's gun? Did he get any resolution?

Yes, I'm very curious. I don't think we've had any conclusions to the matter posted on here. The funny thing is I'm planning on going to the "strip club" tomorrow. Just gonna fondle a few things to figure out what I like and then go buy it elsewhere. Heck hopefully from someone on here.

*Edit: Maybe I'll find the gun smith and kick him in the nuts in honor of the OP.

I worked at AO for a little while as a gunner an I can assure you, in my short time there, this happened on several occasions! I remember a gentleman bought a brand new Kimber(forget which model). Shortly after purchasing the gun I took the gun along with the customer back to David(Gunsmith) to have him perform a trigger job, the gun at this point still had not left the store. After explaining to Dave what the customer wanted a work order was created, the gun was left with Dave an the customer was told he would be called when it was finished. About three weeks later the customer returned to find his BNIB Kimber with a new trigger job and a baaaaaddddd scratch on the slide....when I say bad, I mean bad! So, the customer refused to pay for the trigger job an demanded they either repair the scratch with ceracote/duracoat or replace the gun. Both Dave and Eric refused to do either an things got a little heated. I left the situation an don't recall the outcome, but it wasn't good. This is just one of many instances I saw take place during my employment there. STAY AWAY!!! There are plent of guys on here that are professional about what they do and treat you like a customer an not a cash machine

I can vouch for this... I worked there with MilSpec and stuff like this happened all the time. One of the many reasons why MilSpec and I got out of that place. It all falls on the Wallace's when it's all said and done... They rarely have repeat customers and they have a high turnover rate for employees because they treat everyone the same... like dirt!

Back
Top Bottom