• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors painted my gun the wrong color. Why I'm upset.

Also, let me first say that I am in no way trying to justify their lack of customer service or unwillingness of employees going out of their way to help "customers", BUT...notice how most people in this thread and other threads about Adventure Outdoors that say that they just go there to fondle guns and see if they like them with no intentions of buying them there? I can see why the employees are less than helpful sometimes. Just think how many times per day they hand people multiple guns, sit there while they inspect them just for them to go somewhere else and buy them.

Like I said, I'm not trying to justify their actions but I know it must get old helping people who probably have no interest in purchasing anything from them.

I've never been to AO and I don't know anybody who works for them so I really have no dog in the fight. Just trying to play devils advocate here.

If you get a chance, read back over some of the threads that popped up during the "great scare" and read all about guns shown in-stock, but when requested, found to be "gunbroker" only items .... There were multiple threads about guns being ordered, but ended up not being available due to being sold on "GunBroker"; some customers were jerked around for weeks on end.

I'm personally not privy to any of this, as I never did biz with them during this time, however, based on the multiple threads I read, I suspect that there was some shady **** going on.

Also, let me first say that I am in no way trying to justify their lack of customer service or unwillingness of employees going out of their way to help "customers", BUT...notice how most people in this thread and other threads about Adventure Outdoors that say that they just go there to fondle guns and see if they like them with no intentions of buying them there? I can see why the employees are less than helpful sometimes. Just think how many times per day they hand people multiple guns, sit there while they inspect them just for them to go somewhere else and buy them.

Like I said, I'm not trying to justify their actions but I know it must get old helping people who probably have no interest in purchasing anything from them.

I've never been to AO and I don't know anybody who works for them so I really have no dog in the fight. Just trying to play devils advocate here.
I don't think I have fondled anything I didn't have intentions of buying. In fact I think I bought it...(22C RTF) Now I have left a lot of nose grease on the show case glass.

If you get a chance, read back over some of the threads that popped up during the "great scare" and read all about guns shown in-stock, but when requested, found to be "gunbroker" only items .... There were multiple threads about guns being ordered, but ended up not being available due to being sold on "GunBroker"; some customers were jerked around for weeks on end.

I'm personally not privy to any of this, as I never did biz with them during this time, however, based on the multiple threads I read, I suspect that there was some shady **** going on.

That has nothing to do with the employees and everything to do with management and the owners. Re-read my post. I was specifically talking about the employees.

I don't think I have fondled anything I didn't have intentions of buying. In fact I think I bought it...(22C RTF) Now I have left a lot of nose grease on the show case glass.

Yeah, but read all of the posts that say,"I usually just go there to see if I like a gun and go somewhere else to buy it." We live too far away from them to just go "window shopping" there.

Yeah, but read all of the posts that say,"I usually just go there to see if I like a gun and go somewhere else to buy it." We live too far away from them to just go "window shopping" there.
I bought about 3 guns there and every time except one was a pain in the ace. If the price is right, may put up with it again if they make his Colt right

That has nothing to do with the employees and everything to do with management and the owners. Re-read my post. I was specifically talking about the employees.
I understand, it's certainly plausible that the employees don't support their biz tactics, however, that doesn't preclude me from grouping them all into a group of epic douche-baggery :)

I understand, it's certainly plausible that the employees don't support their biz tactics, however, that doesn't preclude me from grouping them all into a group of epic douche-baggery :)

Like I said man, I'm not trying to make excuses for them. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

Painting any gun is a sin but painting a Colt??? :tsk:
Meh. It's duracoat. I will start coming off shortly after leaving the store and will all be gone after a few cleanings. Duracoat is just a fancy name for spray paint. Not like it's permanent. Thankfully he didn't have them Ceracoat it.

Like I said man, I'm not trying to make excuses for them. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

I feel ya, really, I do .... BUT...... at the same time, I just can't let go of how many people they bent over during the scare with their "capitalist" (GunBroker sales) tactics, the total lack of customer service (The OP is one of several I've read here), & how they continue to do biz currently.

Just like American Heritage, I suspect there are good folks there, trying to make a living; unfortunately, it's in the shadows of some unsavory & flat out despicable acts that occured during a scare.... Hate to say it, but, some folks just don't forget when they are shat upon......

Adventure Outdoors is the strip club of gun shops. You go to look, and maybe fondle, but you sure as **** don't want to take anything home.

^
Nice.

That sucks man! Keep your cool when you talk to them and most places are pretty good about trying to work it out with you. I don't have direct experience with these guys though...
You are completely justified in being upset about it!

Back
Top Bottom