Advice For First Bolt Action?

20160813_084449.jpg

Happy owner of CTR (308 Win) and SS Varmint (223 Rem) here. If you'd like to test drive the CTR let me know.
Tikka site says the CTR is available in left handed models, but a representative said it is not. Not sure how that works.

Right now the T3x Lite 6.5 Creedmore is looking like the most likely candidate.
The importer for Sako/ Tikka, Beretta USA, does not bring in all the models produced in Finland.

I’ve had Remington 700’s, a RPR, and a Winchester model 70 Heavy Varmint. I have shot a Tikka and it was no doubt the most accurate rifle I have ever fired out of the box. Don’t skimp on the glass. That rifle definitely deserves some good glass. I vote for the medium heavy barrel.

U
I’ve had Remington 700’s, a RPR, and a Winchester model 70 Heavy Varmint. I have shot a Tikka and it was no doubt the most accurate rifle I have ever fired out of the box. Don’t skimp on the glass. That rifle definitely deserves some good glass. I vote for the medium heavy barrel.
Unfortunately, the medium heavy barrel CTR is not going to be available to me. Getting the Lite will hopefully leave me more money for a good scope!

I have a Tikka and agree with all of the above, but I would not overlook Savage for out of the box accuracy. I am not sure of your budget, so take a look at what they offer and compare them side by side to what is in the identical price range.

Decide if features like detachable magazine, picatinny mount, threaded barrel, overall length or weight are important. That CTR is a great combo.

As for feeding it, 308 will be cheaper and currently more available. Fed GMM 168 is .90/round online.
For longer range accuracy, 6.5CM. Hornady match eld 140 is 1.15/rd online.
Plan on using 50 rounds per trip to the range.

Someone offered to test drive theirs. I’d be all over that.

Left handed shooters saying left handed rifles are pointless are why we can’t have nice things.

We can all work a right handed action just fine but it’s much better working the bolt with your firing hand.

It’s also nice having your face on the opposite of the ejection port in the unfortunate event you have some sort of failure.

Left handed shooters saying left handed rifles are pointless are why we can’t have nice things.

We can all work a right handed action just fine but it’s much better working the bolt with your firing hand.

It’s also nice having your face on the opposite of the ejection port in the unfortunate event you have some sort of failure.
Not to mention, every time you go to run the bolt you remove your rear support and get to re-acquire the target.

Back
Top Bottom