• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AK- ? For Dummies

WASR 10 is a great place for you to start. Do what you want with it, traditional wood, romy wire side folder, dong or no dong, optic, no optic etc feel out the platform, dont go easy on it. If you dig AKs keep the WASR it will outlast you, if you dont pass it on for the same price or more to someone it will also outlast
Or you can always trade it for bubba's sks.

You are correct sir. As far as I know he's never handled one from the motherland. Everything else is a counterfeit ya know?
this would have went pretty far on FWAOB thread. But the mak statement took the cake here

@jimipanic Do you have a SAR or Mak90 for less than a WASR that you want to send my way?
this

Everyone knows AK optics are supposed to go on an Ultimak gas tube rail. I think the often unthreaded muzzle harms the MAK90s popularity, I couldn't find anyone local thread mine when I had one.
I like the slick side no optic mount part about the Mak 90. I'm an iron sights kinda guy when it comes to AKs anyway. And I couldn't care less about the shaved bayonet lug. I've been known to grind them off of more than one SKS in my time just to get that clean custom look. The non threaded muzzle part is almost a non issue as well. I don't mod AKs except in cases like the Mak 90 original furniture. That ugly thumb hole abortion would have to go. When I owned a Mak 90 in the 90s the first and only thing and changed on it was to order an original Chinese wood kit that came with the wood pistol grip. I dig the wood pistol grip and it kinda sets the Chinese guns apart from other AKs .
So far nobody has mentioned the benefit of the 1.5mm thickness of the Mak receivers over the standard 1mm. I would definitely take another one at an affordable price.

65EF62C6-B8BB-44E0-922D-460CDEBAF03B.jpeg
M92 !

Back
Top Bottom