• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AK47's Where do you start with them? WASR?

Ok.. so the Classic AMD is not a century build, it's CII and it's a heaping POS. The barrel is longer than it should be on an AMD65 and the one I got is canted AF. Canted as in the trunnion is crooked in the receiver.
M8ght as well scoop a WASR since century has a $50 rebate going on right now

OP, if you are ever in my area, give me a shout and I will pull a couple of AKs out for you to try. I still have not build a real shooting range at the property, but I have a temporary one.
If I ever make it to the OTD CMP range invasion, I will bring a couple out as well.

I remember when SAR1s were $150 and you could pick up a Saiga for $300, converted for $400. I splurged by getting a converted RobArms Vepr for $599.
As always, wish I have stocked up. If Trump ends the stupid ban on Saigas, I will get a new safe and fill it up with AKs for my kids and grandkids.
With all the Russian bs going on, I doubt he'll do anything like ending that ban. Libs making me crazy in Washington. Our cia leaking Manchester bombing info, what a mess up there after 8 years of Obama. Hope they can clean house, get smart, build us up a good protective cia, and fbi, and get on with living life to the fullest.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

WASR is cheap and a great starter gun, but it will not take it out to 300 yards. I routinely do it with a Vepr. It has a thicker 20" barrel and thicker RPK based receiver. Next choice would be Arsenals and Saigas. That what I stick to in my AK herd.
WASR has a chrome lined bore,which, in my opinion, is a must when shooting bimetal jacketed ammo (which all of bulk AK ammo is).
Yugos do not have chrome line bores. Yugoslavia does not have local chrome deposits and comrade Tito did not want to rely on imports.
I like the side rail/lastochkin khvost mount on AK. It retains the zero. Chinese guns that I have seen do not have it, and that, as well as high prices kept me away from Chicom AKs. Vepr is a better gun for less money.

Edit, stay away from IO, PSA, either version. They are all crap.

I love my Chinese but the older I get the more a optics rail is needed. Good advice above.

Dang you all, got me looking into ak's again, need to finish my ar first, one gun at a time for me. My love for ak's is in my blood
I never got into ARs. I firmly believe in keeping plenty of ammo and mags on hand, and it get expensive, if I have too many calibers...

I finally had to limit myself to 5 mags per handgun. My old rule of thumb of 10 mags per gun was not economically sustainable.

I never got into ARs. I firmly believe in keeping plenty of ammo and mags on hand, and it get expensive, if I have too many calibers...
Only have a sbr and trying to build another upper for it and that's it. Will have a few ak's I'm sure. One in 7.62, 5.45, and a sbr in either or both

I remember stuff like this unfortunately

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 28
I drooled over the AMD at the classic Arms, but it did not say if the US made barrel is chrome-lined. I hate the wire stock, too. Is yours a folder? How do you like it?
I did not mention Hungarians in my post, since I do not have first-hand experience with them, but they can be very good guns, depending on the builder.

I don't know about the newer imports. Mine is a TGI import from around 2011 with the original 12.5" chrome lined barrel. The wire stock sucks, I bought this stock from classic and it sucks too. I had to do some modifications to it to get it to mount solid, then wrapped it in Paracord.
https://www.classicfirearms.com/cii-amd-65-folding-buttstock-amdstk01

IMG_20170518_163804353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom