• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I pulling this off?

It's not pointed towards my junk. I carry it at about 1:00 to the right of my package. I lose no sleep over it whatsoever. With an open-top holster, it is way too easy for someone to rip your weapon off of you if they see it and want it from the side or from behind. Nobody is getting close enough to my crotch to grab it off of me up there. Sitting for a long time can be a little uncomfortable, honestly. Refer to my signature though... That basically sums up my feelings.

i do not see the gun at all and can not tell one is there
i am large and tuck in my shirt so its either shoulder or outside the waistband for me so go for this conceal method if it works for you

Last edited:
Nice gun. If it works.....it works. You have the body type to pull off AIWB. Only thing I would add, is it is my opinion that you should be wearing a AIWB holster that will not collapse when you draw your weapon. It makes re-holstering in the Appendix position very tricky when you do it in a collapsed holster............ie higher degree of difficulty.

There are plenty of guys AIWB with the Glock longslides, but they are usually wearing more deticated AIWB holsters. I'm not trying to rag on your holster..................but it is what it is. If you are serious about appendix carry, then I would suggest reading Todd Green's forum over at www.Pistol-Training.com. Tons of appendix carriers over there with years of experience.

I will quote Todd in an epic thread: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?120-AIWB-(Appendix-Carry)&p=982&viewfull=1#post982

Of course, the major negative to aiwb is that if you **** up, you will die. Most people understand this on an innate level, but it cannot be overstated. While you may just blow your testicles off, you are far more likely to shoot yourself in the femoral and bleed out before anyone can help you.

Say again: if you **** up, you will die.

Reholstering takes on a whole new level of seriousness with aiwb carry. While there are a number of tweaks to your technique that can help minimize the risk, the most important point to remember is that you have essentially zero margin of error so going slowly trumps looking cool. I've had students in class who were told to slow down their aiwb reholstering or they'd be kicked out of class.

Or as one student put it: "Every time I holster my gun, I tell myself don't kill yourself first."

Carrying aiwb isn't for everyone. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone who is uncomfortable with carrying this way. It is not a badge of honor or an indication of skill. It doesn't make you cool. Chicks don't dig it. It's simply an option with benefits and costs, like any other carry method.

Appendix Carry Mantra: FAST TO DRAW, SLOW TO REHOLSTER :cool:

Have fun.

Thanks for the link, Tmoore. I admit that a more specialized holster is needed, but I happened to have this one laying around and it'll get me by until I can sink some money into another one. I approach all situations involving firearms knowing that if I **** up, I may die. I think a person should know and accept that before becoming a gun owner. I don't carry AIWB because I think it's cool... I carry AIWB because nothing else allows me to carry much more than a pocket gun which I do not feel adequately armed with.

Back
Top Bottom