• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one terrible at hunting?

I know more than one very seasoned and otherwise successful hunter that are less than thrilled with their succes (or lack thereof) this year. Mine started off bad and got worse. It's been VERY difficult to get back out there.... Looking forward to small game and fishing. :)

I know more than one very seasoned and otherwise successful hunter that are less than thrilled with their succes (or lack thereof) this year. Mine started off bad and got worse. It's been VERY difficult to get back out there.... Looking forward to small game and fishing. :)

I'm debating if I want to go out tomorrow.

That's why it is called hunting not killing. Last year I went hunting maybe 15 times- saw and killed one buck. This year it is a little better -saw deer 3 out of 10 times, managed to kill a buck again. I am happy!

I feel your pain, brother. I'm 37 and I've been hunting my whole life. I've killed a few decent bucks and a mountain of "slick heads". Deer get increasingly more difficult to harvest as they get older and of course wiser. I now only shoot mature bucks that I'm willing to have mounted. Due to this, I've gone many hunts and sometimes years without pulling the trigger. The best piece of advice I can give is to hunt only with the wind in your face and do everything you can to minimize your scent. I'm by no means an expert, but if you do those two things... I bet you'll see more deer. Don't give up!!

Back
Top Bottom