• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And now it starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the comments of news articles on major news networks on the subjects... an overwhelming majority of people do not support this legislation it seems. Reading comments after Sandy Hook, there were a lot of supporters of gun control commenting on the news articles. But now, it seems like only about 30% of commenters support any more legislation about guns.

The media today has a collective memory of about two weeks. Its why we hear more about celebrity divorces then Operation Enduring Freedom. Its unfortunate but in 6 months some comedians will be making low brow jokes about the tragedy and people will laugh at them. And in 6 months a majority (not all) people will have forgotten about this and moved on, and politicians will be catering to the current needs of whatever will most likely keep them in office.

Theres your 2 cents from the peanut gallery :pop2:..

Last edited:

Seriously do you actually think the "process" will save you? You/we/I have been sold down the river long ago. Party makes no difference as they all want total control at our cost. You can make funny faces and wiggle in your seat but train is off the tracks. Daddy gov't ain't gonna fix it, its same mindset as those that wait for their welfare checks.

We can kick this around, but they are coming to get the guns. Maybe not all at once,maybe not in a week, but they are coming. We are just holding on. When its gone its gone. The guns are just a part of the problem : out of control debt,screwed foreign policy, welfare state,liars...the list goes on. The point I'm grabbing for is the republic is sunk and the guys that drilled the holes in the stern aren't going to right it and they aren't letting you fix it either.

The one thing on the Gallup pole that upsets me is the mention of banning Armor Piercing Ammo. Last time I checked, every hunting rifle in Georgia is chambered for ammo that is Armor Piercing. I'm pretty sure that a .243, .270, .308, .30-06, various Win Mag/WSM would not just bounce off an armored vest. Also, If I was aiming my Remington 700 at a person with an armored vest, I wouldn't aim at the armor plate inserts, I would aim for the sweet spot right between the eyes. Deer hunters and trained marksmen like most of us don't just spray bullets in the general direction of a deer. Surgically placed shots to the brain, neck, heart are what we are trained for and accomplish on a daily basis.

They should think about this and crawl back into their holes afraid...

The one thing on the Gallup pole that upsets me is the mention of banning Armor Piercing Ammo. Last time I checked, every hunting rifle in Georgia is chambered for ammo that is Armor Piercing. I'm pretty sure that a .243, .270, .308, .30-06, various Win Mag/WSM would not just bounce off an armored vest. Also, If I was aiming my Remington 700 at a person with an armored vest, I wouldn't aim at the armor plate inserts, I would aim for the sweet spot right between the eyes. Deer hunters and trained marksmen like most of us don't just spray bullets in the general direction of a deer. Surgically placed shots to the brain, neck, heart are what we are trained for and accomplish on a daily basis.

They should think about this and crawl back into their holes afraid...

You've got a good/scary point about the AP ammo rule. That could be used to stop production on anything bigger than a handgun round if their definition of armor is police issue Second Chance vests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom