• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And now it starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll should be better worded:

1. Would you support a law banning all current legal “private firearm sales” between honest citizens?

2. Do you think a legally armed and trained school staff member could deter or stop a criminal on school grounds?

3. Do you know that most criminals attempting to illegally purchase guns that fail NCIS background check are never prosecuted? Do you support enforcing current law?

4. Would you support inexpensive counter measures to protect citizens or students that place responsibility at the user level or just spend 4.3 billion tax dollars?

5. Would you support a ban on bullets considered armor-piercing but are currently used for nearly all hunting rifles as required by law to humanely put down large game as the ammunition they use will defeat most body armor in current use of law enforcement officers?

6. After the banning of true assault weapons in 1986, would you support banning any firearm that looked like an assault weapon that are used in no more than 7% of crimes in the U.S.

7. How many rounds of ammunition should one be restricted to for defense (multiple choice) and are you aware that multiple shots are the norm for stopping advancing deadly threats.

a) 1
b) 7
c) 10
d) As many as they need

8. We currently have over 2000 gun laws to enforce, do you think we need to enforce current law or would you support further restriction of honest citizen’s rights?

9. If a stranger calls you on the phone would you willfully tell them you own firearms?

10. Do you think you have a right to own a gun of your choice, one considered by professionals to be a better choice or have a bureaucrat will little or no practical experience of firearms deciding what gun is safe for you?

11. Are currently considering purchasing a firearm?

A little over a 1000 age 18+ phone surveyed. Where sampled at?-across the nation. Out of 1013 only 23 reported they owned a firearm. So 990 respondents had no dog in the fight. 980 didn’t even know of a household member with a gun.

So who just paid for a poll that sampled non-gun owners on proposed restrictions of honest gun owners? Also where were the people located at that were sampled.

Last edited:
"The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban was effective at reducing crime and getting these military-style weapons off our streets. Since the ban expired, more than 350 people have been killed and more than 450 injured by these weapons."

I am always amused at a carefully worded statistic, but this is nauseating.
350 deaths in 10 years (vs OVER 180,000 murders in the period) and that is supposed to be horrific enough to slash the rights of every gun owner.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1

Maybe I'm buying into the hype as well. But I certainly think that something negative will come of it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to the extent of Feinstein's bill.

Reid said he would put it up to a vote if polling shows it might pass. (As of 2 days ago)

I didn't think Obama would get elected. Then I thought sanity would prevail and Obamacare wouldn't pass. At that point I said, ok well there's enough people getting screwed these days that he won't get re-elected. Wrong, yet again! The democrats know they're in a corner now. They're just going to go for broke and ram anything and everything they desire in while they still have a chance.

Yes, the NRA and various manufactures have a strong lobby. But I can assure you, they don't have the clout of all of Obama's cronies.

I've started another "job" if you will. I have pledged to write or call every day until we know where we stand on our rights.

"You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how."-

I think this is the tell- Just like in the Voting of Late,...errr, the Past-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom