• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 6.5 creedmoor reloaders?

draftpick

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
203   1
Reaction score
Any one reload 6.5 creedmoor? What dies are you using and seem s H4350 seems to be the powder of choice for the 140grs?
I have several hundred 308 Lapua brass and seen many people convert it 6.5. has anyone done it?

Subd

I bought Hornady Custom Grade Dies
Hogdon H4350 powder, also IMR 4350 to try since the Hogdon isnt in stock most of the time.
Primers are Fed 210 (because 210M's are impossible to find).
I also have a variety of Sierra and Hornady 140 & 142 gr projectiles

I haven't loaded any yet due to not having brass, but I bought quite a few boxes of factory match ammo to use and get a base line from and reload it.

Only crappy thing is that the brass can only be reloaded about 10x, and then its done. Its an almost 60K PSI cartridge so the brass gets tortured pretty hard.

Redding match dies, H4350 with RL17 as a backup. CCI BR2 primers. Easy to convert Brass if you don't want to get factory. Make sure your factory ammo is the same lot, I had a 100FPS difference in different lots of Hornady.

Redding match dies, H4350 with RL17 as a backup. CCI BR2 primers. Easy to convert Brass if you don't want to get factory. Make sure your factory ammo is the same lot, I had a 100FPS difference in different lots of Hornady.
How do you like those BR2's? I have 5-600 of them, but the reviews were mixed with the 6.5CM

I have BR2's as well and was what I would be using?
I see the most consistent success online with the 210M primers (according to the few people who chrono'd them back to back with the same loads). BR2's seemed to have done great as well, but alot of feedback says they are a little hot?

I have 1,000 210, and the 5-600 BR2's. I hope to have loads for both in the event I cannot find either when I get low.

I am hoping the more experienced reloaders have some input on this.

I get SDs of 6 with them so I have no issues. been using them for 4 years now.
I am confused as I thought SD was related to the projectile? My 140gr Hornady Match projectiles should have an SD of .267? How did you get 6?

Is your comment related to the primers?

Back
Top Bottom