• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of y'all ever get great advice from your dad?

Some of the best words of advice from my Father were: "Son, don't ever get arrested living in my house. "Because, you don't want me to come and bail you out".

This was back in my 'hood days. I was too scared to get arrested, not because of the consequences, but because of feeling the wrath of my Father.
I never got in bad trouble because I figured I was the only person to get myself out of it. Plus I was the person that never got away with anything......

My dad was the life of the party or room wherever he went. He was to busy cracking jokes and being funny to impart any wisdom. What little bit I got from him was about mechanical stuff and still then I had to learn that with hard knocks. Other than that " feget about it ".
The most important part was that he showed that he loved you.

My dad told me to never leave the house without enough cash money to get home,don’t never depend on them dam cards for nothing.he passed in 1994 and I still go by that knowledge.

I am what I am today, because of my faithful, hardworking Dad! Today, at 87 YO, he is more just like a friend, that loves to chat and talk about anything. I can see that he really loves to just hang-out with us, when we go visit him!
I can definitely say when my wife and I go visit our parents, they never want us to leave. It is nice to be wanted.....

I can definitely say when my wife and I go visit our parents, they never want us to leave. It is nice to be wanted.....
The hard part, yes when we were leaving; he hugged me and said with tears in his eyes, "Come see me more often, my Son!" :Cry:😢😭

The hard part, yes when we were leaving; he hugged me and said with tears in his eyes, "Come see me more often, my Son!" :Cry:😢😭
Remember that song "Cat's in the Cradle" where he says my boy is just like me......I think you have done him proud.....That's all you need to know

Back
Top Bottom