• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

any older and or seasoned CWP folks, or LEOs please help me out!

Good then. Did you plan on shooting him ? No..? Good. Keep your mouth shut and your hands faraway from your firearm.

This may have turned out fine this time, but it will only take one bad experience. While I'm not anti Leo, all police aren't your buddies. Roll the dice if you want. You asked for experienced opinions, I've had a boot on the back of my head for not commiting a crime. Its your deal man. Good luck.

Good then. Did you plan on shooting him ? No..? Good. Keep your mouth shut and your hands faraway from your firearm.

This may have turned out fine this time, but it will only take one bad experience. While I'm not anti Leo, all police aren't your buddies. Roll the dice if you want. You asked for experienced opinions, I've had a boot on the back of my head for not commiting a crime. Its your deal man. Good luck.
Thank you all for your opinions, I respect all of them and have learned a great deal...I guess what happens now is I take all of your experiences into consideration and create my own way of handling it! and pass it on else where should this come up again, as I am sure I wont be the last 21 year old to do so ;) merry christmas to all!

What "officers do" is he ran the serial numbers. Are you 100% sure that gun you traded into is clean? .
If you are not certain it is clean then that means you have suspicions that it is stolen. Why would you want a gun that belongs to someone else?Are some here professing to be "law abiding" yet would willingly possess some one else's property? That is one of the most immoral arguments I have heard yet still routinely spouted here.We should all be taking reasonable steps to be sure we are not keeping stolen property.
First: If you have any suspicion the property is stolen or shady, DON'T BUY IT!
Second: if after the deal you are not comfortable, then call the local LEO and they will be glad to run it and then you will know.
Yes, you will lose it of it is stolen, but then again I sure don't want someone to keep property that belongs to me if it was stolen. How does the fact that it is a gun make it any more moral to keep someone's else's property. How is it any different that driving a stolen car?
Some people say that you don't have to have a BOS, true, but it is one way to show there is no intent to possess stolen property. There will be some say that a BOS doesn't make a difference, but I can assure you that if you did not steal it then it will help you (not absolute proof) show you had no intent to commit a crime. And intent must be established before you can be successfully prosecuted.

No, I don't require a BOS but if I get "that feeling" I don't make a sale or buy. I also look at GDL and make note of things like Tags and descriptions.

Last edited:
No, I don't require a BOS but if I get "that feeling" I don't make a sale or buy. I also look at GDL and make note of things like Tags and descriptions.

I check the license plate on the vehicle to make sure it's GA too. I only had 1 squirrelly dude but he was the one wanting the BoS. First he said he needed a BoS because he got the lower from a shop but them later told me he got it from his buddy who had like 5 of them. I figured if he was crooked he would not be asking for a BoS. I had just driven 2 hours to get it and THEN he springs the BoS on me. Had he been closer I would have walked away.

I say nothing unless they will see it. Which they won't if you have it concealed

Also if they ask to search your vehicle. " I dont consent to searches ". Followed by " am I free to go ?"

Cops are not your friends. Their job is to figure out a way to charge you with a crime and do revenue collection rinkydink traffic tickets.

You might wanna take a close look at your redneck bubba truck. Is your truck legal with the headlight height?
Any bumper height issues?

40-6-181 says only if in a historic district, construction or school. Or gsp, if they write it for less you can contact post and they can lose their permit.

also ken ford has commented several times in this thread, personally I'd go with him. But years ago in a asset forfeiture class we learned IT Is Against federal law to ASK for consent to search in a traffic stop unless the person detained FEELS ,it actually says feels, like they are free to leave the scene without any consequences. So if he says blah blah blah drivers license can I search. They just violated your rights under United States Code 18 242 violation of civil rights under color of law. Of course having your iPhone recording will help when you sue the dept.

most of them are just doing there job, but the thing that separates them from the criminals is a rule book. Take that away and they are breaking the law to enforce the law.

NEVER, EVER, EVER GIVE CONSENT....... Make them get a warrant, which a judge won't give, or call a dog, in which case there's a time limit on how long they can detain you waiting for one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom