• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any reason to not use kia finance to get $750 discount

I would find a deal on a Honda/Toyota from a private party that has it priced uder retail price and get a loan through a good credit union you trust.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but DO NOT buy a Kia without getting an insurance quote first. You will find it very hard to insure as they are easily stolen and some carriers are excluding them. Kia and Hyundai.

Call it what you will maybe luck, maybe divine intervention, maybe bait and switch and maybe just coincidence. The salesman called my wife yesterday and told her that the vehicle she wanted had been sold. The guy did say he would honor trade and price on the one they have coming in 13 days. I told my wife we will back up and punt and make a decision once her disappointment wears away.
Whatever we decide we will not be financing. I just dont think the juice is worth the squeeze or a hit on our credit or hassle to pay off.

Probably a dumb question but gonna throw it out there. in my 25+ years of driving, I have always be a 3k oil change guy. Was told the new car only needs changes every 5k. Is this true? Not looking to set fire to money but the thought of driving 5k before change gives me indigestion. Is the new synthetic stuff really that good?

Probably a dumb question but gonna throw it out there. in my 25+ years of driving, I have always be a 3k oil change guy. Was told the new car only needs changes every 5k. Is this true? Not looking to set fire to money but the thought of driving 5k before change gives me indigestion. Is the new synthetic stuff really that good?
On a personal note. I change our oil every 5000 miles. We change on the 5's and 10's. Meaning at 35000 and 40000 all vehicles are on this rotation and it just makes it easier. I run synthetic in all of our vehicles. While I have been told they can go further I am comfortable at five. I want someone under our cars that often to check for leaks and wear on tires, brakes and other stuff.

Shop related - I have never seen any evidence that oil should be changed more often. Anytime I have seen an oil related failure be it VVT or phaser or camshaft related its always someone who changes their oil at much longer intervals. Of course they will always say they change at 5000 but can never produce records. Most of the time when draining oil its brown but rarely black. I realize there is more to oil wear than color and smell. I can t measure viscosity and break down but I feel quite confident with 5000 mile changes from experience. I have some pretty high mileage engines that come it that are every 5

The auto manufacturers want to sell you a car with low maintenance and oil change places want to sell you oil.

If the owner's manual says change it at 5000, then you could drop it to 4000. Don't think think the new full synthetic oils break down but they certainly get dirty. Just my opinion.......

Back
Top Bottom