• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any reason to not use kia finance to get $750 discount

Probably a dumb question but gonna throw it out there. in my 25+ years of driving, I have always be a 3k oil change guy. Was told the new car only needs changes every 5k. Is this true? Not looking to set fire to money but the thought of driving 5k before change gives me indigestion. Is the new synthetic stuff really that good?
I’ve been told by my dealership newer engines and oil can last for 10k miles……at least til you get to 100k, then 5k intervals, at least for my 2020 RAV4. Mine is in there every 5k and hope to get at least 300k out of it at that pace. Of course, I will put 40-50k miles on it a year.

We bought a used Mazda cx-5 for my son to commute to KSU. It's first gen 20-something, don't remember the year.

Love it. Great little commuter for him to get back and forth to college. Zoom-zoom, they put the effort into the car where the driver will appreciate it. It's a 2.0 liter but I think the new ones have 2.5L engines.

Mazda was mentioned earlier in this thread. They got it goin' on. Handle like a dream and reliable like a jap car should be.

Mazda is the sleeper. They have all the engineering and reliability of a Toyota but don't carry the same price tag.

I have a company car now and if I ever lose it Mazda would be the number one contender to replace it based on the experience with the cx-5 we have.

Yes will depreciate but the only issue I have found with Kia is engine trouble. Vehicle comes with lifetime tires and power train warranty. Only thing is the require they do our oil changes every 7500 miles. I'm a 5000 mile guy but if they are standing behind it great. We will keep car 5 years or so. Car will have 100+ but will have power train the entire we have it. The oil changes are ,competitively priced and I know they will try to up sell and I am aware of that. Kiaa come with a lot of features for the money and fuel economy is important and its on the highest side for type of vehicle.

Yes DR is why we can buy the car. Its why the trade is paid off. Np the money isn't for spending. Yes they will.hit our credit but I can't imagine it being enough to change any rate in the next few years. We don't finance vehicles and don't plan to buy house.or property. At this point our credit rating is simply a sense.of pride.
I am assuming your credit is over 800. **** the hit. take the $750 off and pay off in 90 days. bully if you can go tbill or 3 month CD with the rest of the loot. any hit you take won't make any difference a year down the road.

Call it what you will maybe luck, maybe divine intervention, maybe bait and switch and maybe just coincidence. The salesman called my wife yesterday and told her that the vehicle she wanted had been sold. The guy did say he would honor trade and price on the one they have coming in 13 days. I told my wife we will back up and punt and make a decision once her disappointment wears away.
Whatever we decide we will not be financing. I just dont think the juice is worth the squeeze or a hit on our credit or hassle to pay off.

Back on topic and regardless of which brand you purchase or how often you change the oil :cool:

In a few months you may find deals with better incentives and/or special rates especially if the Federal Reserve lowers rates.

Don't be afraid to leverage your excellent credit score to get the best deal possible.

Unless the loan is a significant change to your debt to income ratio then the FICO score drops 10 points for a short period of time. A few months after paying off the loan then your credit score will be higher than it was before. :D

Paying off a loan rarely takes more than an hour. I don't make anywhere near $750 per hour so if it saves me $750 then I figure it was a good use of time :D

The caution with credit is we are temped to purchase more car than we could otherwise afford. Based on your original post, this is not the case.

Best of luck in your search for the new or newer car.

Probably a dumb question but gonna throw it out there. in my 25+ years of driving, I have always be a 3k oil change guy. Was told the new car only needs changes every 5k. Is this true? Not looking to set fire to money but the thought of driving 5k before change gives me indigestion. Is the new synthetic stuff really that good?
I do every 3000 on my truck with dino and every 5000 on car with synthetic.

ETA - I keep vehicles a long time so there is no way I would do every 10k even if that’s what the manual calls for.

They also come equipped with a listening device, a tracking device, and a kill switch, all monitored by deep state contractors.
Man nobody care what you're doing in your car unless you're somebody high profile. You think they're listening intently to you listening to Taylor Swift on the way to the school pick up line while talking about what you want to make for dinner later? :lol:

Good let them watch me to go the grocery store, then to the gas station to use my Kroger points, and hear me cuss out the guy who cut me off. It's gonna be riviting to those deep state contractors that are spying on me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom