• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do any crypto mining?

yup i'd say that ship has sailed with cryptos still loosing value left and right, would seem better to buy with the hopes that they turn around again one day. mining just isnt worth it with the initial investment and then the power bills, we were never able to keep up with Chinese miners due to their free electricity. Plus cost of cards is still wwwaaaayyy too high and their value is constantly dropping as more and more move out of mining so in a year or two you may not be able to get even close to the value you had in them back out. but with now only gamers buying video cards again and most of them not being able/willing to drop 600+ on a new card the prices are going to nose dive soon.
I was thinking the prices were already coming down, I guess they're still high in comparison to pre-crypto?

I was thinking the prices were already coming down, I guess they're still high in comparison to pre-crypto?

yup, i wont be happy until 1080ti's are <300 and more price cuts are likely with nvideas stock taking a big hit a couple weeks ago due to nobody buying new cards. dont get me wrong im not totally against crypto right now but at current prices i just dont see a way to make a good profit. but now if things do end up bouncing back this very well may be or be close to the "shoulda done it when i had the chance" moment or they could just continue to freefall into nothingness, thats the fun with crypto

The mining of crypto is lost cause; that boat sailed years ago

I like the idea of cryptos but i dont own any for 2 reasons

1) i like to own what i can hold or at least its backed by something real

2) i dont sell short/fast or by the day; I buy and hold; the swings on crypto are scary

Back
Top Bottom