• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

The county has completely gone to **** and crime rates have quadrupled and somehow that makes your home more valuable? They should be paying the decent folks to stay here.

Ive looked but I cant find a reason to stay. Im only here because of my job and my elderly parents. I grew up here and swore Id never come back when I left in 04. Boy do I regret breaking my own promise. I moved back here from Habersham…

I appealed mine a few years ago and they locked the rate for three years. At the end of three years they added all three years worth of tax hikes to mine so I got an outrageous tax bill that year. I won't be doing that any more.

How did you valuate your property?
Pulled homesales in my neighborhood from the internet. The county tends to project with the values moreso than remain current. When i had my appointment i went down to the courthouse and met with them and made my case and they were quite pleasant to deal with and very reasonable and realistic people. Took about 5 minutes with them and that was it. The "board" was just some older members of the county who were not employed, compensated, or otherwise paid by the government. Pretty much the old folks who sit sound Martin's in the morning eating breakfast.

Got you all beat.

I have two fishing boats, one 14 foot aluminum v-hull, no name and a Riverhawk, with a massive 15 HP motor,

Last year, the county valued them at $5000.00. Didn't say anything, not worth the time.

This year, they DOUBLED THE VALUE to $10,000.00. WTF has a used boat that goes up in value ANY, much less DOUBLES in value.

I appealed mine a few years ago and they locked the rate for three years. At the end of three years they added all three years worth of tax hikes to mine so I got an outrageous tax bill that year. I won't be doing that any more.
Punitive taxation. I read somewhere else today of that happening.

Got you all beat.

I have two fishing boats, one 14 foot aluminum v-hull, no name and a Riverhawk, with a massive 15 HP motor,

Last year, the county valued them at $5000.00. Didn't say anything, not worth the time.

This year, they DOUBLED THE VALUE to $10,000.00. WTF has a used boat that goes up in value ANY, much less DOUBLES in value.

Maybe thats part of my problem. The assessor must have spied my 40 year old empty 12 ft jon boat hanging in my garage next to my 46 year old van.

Back
Top Bottom