• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

Instead of whining why not do something about it? Contact a moving company and.....

Which are the countries that don't have taxes? At present, there are 14 tax-free countries around the world. These include Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis, the United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Brunei, Bahrain, the Bahamas, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Monaco, Kuwait, Qatar, Somalia, and Western Sahara.
If you stay out of the US for 330 days in a year, the first $120k is exempt from income tax.

I appealed mine a few years ago and they locked the rate for three years. At the end of three years they added all three years worth of tax hikes to mine so I got an outrageous tax bill that year. I won't be doing that any more.

That wasn't the case for me, after the 3 years it just adjusted back to whatever the current market value was and picked up from there. I check mine every year when the statement comes in ro make sure its "in bounds" so to speak and it's been in line with it since.

It's not automatic...she'll have apply in person with the county....but only once.
But only one of us have to be that age ?
This I haven’t heard of… she usually keeps up with all of it.
Normally I’m aware of this type of stuff but lately with all the seizure activity I’ve had, I have lost so much info !

I had a letter from a company called ownwell. Claim they'll process an appeal end to end without cost. You pay 25% of any bill reduction as their fee.

Tempted, but can't figure out if there's a catch, need to google them.

Edit, googled and seems to be legit. I'm going to try them as it's not something I'm going to do myself.
I could not find a catch either - I tried it last year here in Forsyth county. County came out and did a new valuation - it did NOT go down went up (I forget how much) but the tax increased like $700+.

Ownwell no help with that - got one letter from them after the new valuation, they still working on it - yea right.

I would recommend against it unless pretty dang sure value is down.

Back
Top Bottom