• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

I could not find a catch either - I tried it last year here in Forsyth county. County came out and did a new valuation - it did NOT go down went up (I forget how much) but the tax increased like $700+.

Ownwell no help with that - got one letter from them after the new valuation, they still working on it - yea right.

I would recommend against it unless pretty dang sure value is down.
Excellent point I hadn't considered.

They used to attack me every couple of years (Chatham County) when I owned property on Tybee. Think because my mailing address was Lawrenceville they thought I wouldn’t come fight it.
I always took a day’s vacation and showed up. Couple of times, just seeing me there they dropped re-valuation. Once, I produced a plat of the block my property was on and asked the county rep to point to my property. She couldn’t, I won that one. Won most every one, but they lust kept coming. Every couple of years, ‘til I sold out. They got nothing else to do, and seems like if you beat them once, they make you a project.

Oh, and do your homework. Have a list of recent comparable sales in the area (If they help your cause).

My taxes went up $600. I appealed once about 25 years ago. Went in was basically told sorry it is what it is. Haven’t bothered anymore.

4.6 on Amazon with over 37,000 reviews.

But only a 3.3 for flavor so......either it does or does not taste like ass.....I'm not sure which these people prefer.....

Screenshot_20230516_162217_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom