• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Else Sick of Hearing About Cecil?

I am tired of reading about Cecil. Now we are starting to hear about another lion supposedly also illegally shot, in April, by US Doctor Jan Seski of PA.

In regards to Cecil - I have yet to read anything that would hold the hunter liable. He says, or I have read it reported him say that all permits and licenses were on hand. This was a legal hunt by everything I can see. The Zim government of course says the PH and Farm owner where the killing occurred did not have the proper "paperwork" and furthermore challenge that a scent drag was created to lure the Lion out of the Park. I presume this is or may be illegal in context of what is being reported. But that seems to be on the PH/Guide if the hunter did not know about or take part in it.

From what I know of the old Rhodesia, now Communist run Zimbabwe (Zim) its a cesspool of corruption and failure. Reading African news sites, many of the Zims themselves don't fully understand what all the fuss is over when that country has REAL problems.

My believe is that if an honest investigation - yeah good luck with that in Zim - discovers hunting rules were violated then let the legal system have at it. There is no doubt someone in the Zim government going how can I get money out of this "tragedy".

Lastly I want to say something about the use of archery equipment to hunt Lion. I do not have a problem with that at all. If you are a archery hunter who hunts Deer, what is wrong with using that same gear to hunt any animal with ?! Of course the normal caveats apply about Bow draw weight, arrow weight, velocity, broad head type, etc - all matched for big game. If someone can hunt Bears with Bows, why not Lions and other dangerous Big Game ?! Or are some of you against that as well? As long as the gear being used can cleanly kill the animal, is legal to use in the area hunting, I have no problem with it.

(Wish I could afford $55K to hunt Lions.)

Regards,

Rob

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1438569252338.jpg
LMAO

Last edited:
Who in the heck would name a lion "Cecil" sounds like one of those whimpy reporters asking about how come
we not giving (m_____e) Iraq free Mcdonalds cheeseburgers along with every dollar we're giving to the lying SOB's

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing all this BS about a lion in Zimbabwe and how this MONSTER murdered and slaughtered him. I do have enough sense to make sure all my hunts are legit. But this guy dropped a fortune on this hunt and still got his face all over the media, giving not just him but all of us hunters a bad name.
I am right with ya on this....

If I could afford it, I'd probably try trophy hunting. It's no more ego tripping than buying a Corvette. I doubt Ted Nugent, a dentist making enough money to go trophy hunting or anyone else with trophy elk, deer or moose hanging on their walls have self-image problems. At least any more than the population at large.

Now, not being able to afford to go trophy hunting might cause me some trophy hunting envy. Otherwise, game hunting in Africa and other places, whether for food or trophies, has never been a big deal. If his guides led him astray not his fault.

We should name our pets and leave the wild game, as well as pork and beef, nameless.
I reaffirm my statement. If someone wants me to be impressed with their "hunting" skill or prowess as a hunter/gatherer, give a person of equal intelligence, physical ability and knowledge q weapon like you carry, go out in the woods and hunt each other and I will congratulate the one who is still standing. Otherwise I remain profoundly unimpressed.

I reaffirm my statement. If someone wants me to be impressed with their "hunting" skill or prowess as a hunter/gatherer, give a person of equal intelligence, physical ability and knowledge q weapon like you carry, go out in the woods and hunt each other and I will congratulate the one who is still standing. Otherwise I remain profoundly unimpressed.

OOoooraayaawwwnnn.....

Back
Top Bottom