• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think there is something wrong with commercial chickens being grown from chicks to fryer size in 7 weeks?

Afraid to get the Covid Jab and yet here we are .................... :bull_head:

Other Intriguing Stats on Chicken Consumption in the US

1. Approximately 8 billion chickens are eaten in the US every year.

2. This year, chicken meat consumption in the US is projected to reach 98.3 lbs per capita.

3. Americans were projected to eat an astonishing 1.4 billion chicken wings and drumsticks during the 2022 Super Bowl.

My daughter had pet chickens when we lived out west, a couple dozen total. We always bought pullets as we wanted the eggs and the females do grow a bit slower but I can tell ya it took a solid 6 months for them to get to the size of Costco birds. That was with premium food, organic, play time, dried cranberries and meal worms for treats, crushed oyster shell for calcium for nice thick shells on the eggs. Those damn chickens ate better that me!

Almost all modern broilers can trace their lineage back to a few birds. They were selectively bred to create flocks that grow fast and tender. That's one of the reasons modern chickens grow so big so fast. The chickens also get high calorie corn based food, and don't move around much in a very tightly controlled environment.

Once the chickens arrive at the plant they will be processed at about 185 birds per minute, per line.

Poultry is among the most efficient animals at converting feed into meat, making it on of the most cost effective because of this efficiency. Some fish are more efficient, but harder to raise. Because of that poultry is expected to grow as the world population grows and consumes more protein.

Also, "antibiotic Free" only means the chicken are not fed a blend of antibiotics in their diet, just in case. They can be given antibiotics if there is some disease going through the flock.

I used to know a guy who had two chicken houses.. he said at a certain time before the birds were taken to the processor he was to give them something called "reducer"...he said it with a wink..wink..nod..nod....wonder what they are reducing..🤭..this was about 10 years ago..
What are you implying?

I tried to buy some chicken plants at Cofer seed.
They laughed at me and told me there's no such a thing.
I think ya'll just made 'em up, must be about same as a snipe hunt.
:p
'Chicken plants'
Isee.gif

Back
Top Bottom