• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have any experience with the SANDMAN K silencer?

Thinking of building an AK specially for one

You might want to rethink.

The AK in general is not a good platform to suppress, even when the concentric issues are dealt with. Severely over gassed and loud to say the least with a can. Add the fact of it being a SBR with a K can makes it even more senseless and on top of those issues you still have to slow the carrier down or it will destroy the rear of the rifle from slamming the rear trunnion.

Here's one I've done some pretty serious work on to suppress.

20170904_112239.jpg

The AK in general is not a good platform to suppress, even when the concentric issues are dealt with. Severely over gassed and loud to say the least with a can. Add the fact of it being a SBR with a K can makes it even more senseless and on top of those issues you still have to slow the carrier down or it will destroy the rear of the rifle from slamming the rear trunnion.

View attachment 1331954
I'm friends with Gary Hughes with Dead Air, he's the one that would actually build it. He runs a Sandman K on his personal Draco sbr and doesn't have any issues, he'll tune it up just right.

View attachment 1331954
How did you end up suppressing it? As in what kind of adjustments were made to accomplish proper feeding and making sure your rifle wasn't destroyed

If you're on Facebook, give JBI Armory a like and check out what they've been doing with AKs and suppressors lately. Jim Roberts seems to be the guy right now for fine tuning AKs for reliable suppressor use.

And the AK suppresses fine, the Wolverine fixed that. I'll be filing for one of those here soon too.

OK bud... you got it all figured out. The ONLY thing the wolverine PBS-1 does is help with contric issues. They achieved this by grossly enlarging all the baffles and exit port on the can.

You're wanting to build one and I'm on number two that I've suppressed already.

Good luck with your project.

OK bud... you got it all figured out. The ONLY thing the wolverine PBS-1 does is help with contric issues. They achieved this by grossly enlarging all the baffles and exit port on the can.

Ok lol, go tell Mike and Gary with Dead Air that and prepare to get laughed at

Lmao, whatever you say brother! Sounds like you've been watching too many AK Operators Union videos, hope you don't think the Ras47 and C39 are great AKs too.

Lmao, whatever you say brother! Sounds like you've been watching too many AK Operators Union videos, hope you don't think the Ras47 and C39 are great AKs too.
Unfortanetly I was given a C39 v1 when they first came out as a grad gift. But so far it has worked well for me and no problems with 2500 rounds through it. I am taking it to grizzly Guns for some mods that I want to put on

Again... you are still in planning stages of it while I on the other hand have two functioning suppressed AK's. But you got it buddy, like I said eailer, good luck with your endeavors. I bow out as I can't arguee with a nut swinging know it all with no personal first hand experience in what we're discussing.

Back
Top Bottom