• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here do hardwood floors? I have a question...

your floor looks much lighter. Like they used special walnut or provincial. That doesn't look like any dark walnut I've seen

You can't really compare a really light color like that to a really dark color like dark walnut. Those floors look natural to me (no stain). Red oak will not always look uniform after staining especially newer stuff. Really old wood looks a little bit different and it is usually more uniform compared to what we can get today. If you have a reputable floor guy I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was the OP

Our stain was Min Wax "honey maple." I didn't put it down, but I am very satisfied with the color and the product. When they stained the new wood, it is undetectable from the old wood. Right now I have no problem recommending the product. Dried very evenly, no shiny/flat spots. There was one "flat" spot, they restained and it matched right up. Good stuff.

The grade of the wood that is installed is lower than the pics in the Burdell pics. You have a lot of different cuts in that floor.
Many different grains and color variations. Another coat of stain will help but will always show some difference.
Also the application of the finish will help, won't make it go away completely.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom