• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own or driven one of these Indian Jeeps?

Technically in certain states roads that do not have center divider lines legally allow ATV's, SxS's and the likes to operate on public roads. Imagine West Virginia, Montana and Wyoming as examples. This would be perfect for that. The sheet metal seems to be fairly durable. You get a winch on certain models. These things are great as a little utility SxS if you don't want a Ranger, Pioneer or Mule. I was absolutely waiting on the Jeep lawsuit though because these absolutely look like an old Jeep up close.

https://www.bignumber1.com/default....=Year&d=D&vt=utility vehicle&fr=xNewInventory

6000000005.jpg

I wouldn't call it a knockoff any more than any other peice of utiltarian equipment is a knockoff of another. In that respect a willys was a knockoff of lots of other knockoffs. The jeep was not original. You can only have so many variations in design when you break it down to it's base intended use. I don't care for this thing either but chrysler should compete them out of the market not try to outspend them in the courts. But then they might have to quit making junk.

Jeep made them with a license from Willy’s so why can’t these guys?

I doubt Chrysler would succeed in court. But then again who knows now days.

Jeep made them with a license from Willy’s so why can’t these guys?

I doubt Chrysler would succeed in court. But then again who knows now days.

Licensed under Willys, not sure what Chrysler's problem would be!

Chrysler owns the Willys brand. It was sold to AMC in 1970 and acquired by Chrysler in 1987.

Back
Top Bottom