Anyone ride a dual sport/super moto?

There is also the DL versions of the SVs... They won't be nearly as nimble as a true dual-sport, esp. the DL-1000, but they are much better on the highway.

My dual sport bike is a ktm 640 Adventure. Has good power for the road and still very capable on challenging off road trails. Love to just explore and check out roads I've never been down to see what's there. For a day in the forest in N. Ga I usually trailer it up and enjoy the time off-road and not wear out my knobbies on the way to and from.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 22
There is also the DL versions of the SVs... They won't be nearly as nimble as a true dual-sport, esp. the DL-1000, but they are much better on the highway.
Yeah I've already got an SV1k. I'm thinking I want something I can flick around city streets and down a trail of two if need be.

I haven't had one in a few years but I've always loved the XR650L's for my needs, with a 16T sprocket you can cruise 60-80MPH(without making the bike scream) and it's still a dirt bike at heart. Not near as fast as a KTM or newer high revving 4 stroke but very easy to maintain for the most part. Typically a lower price point too. I really want another one!

Yeah I've already got an SV1k. I'm thinking I want something I can flick around city streets and down a trail of two if need be.

V-strom can do dat.

[Broken External Image]:

If you want 1 bike to do both, something in the "Adventure bike" class is what you're looking for. After the big SV, you will be... underwhelmed with a little DS thumper.

I have had the Wee and the Vee. I actually preferred the Vee off tarmac as the front end is better sorted from the factory. Both great bikes.

I had a Yamaha DT250 years ago. Street/ Trail hybrid or "Enduro" or whatever they call it.
On the street, it was noisy and the knobby tires weren't so great.
On the trail, it was good, BUT the turn signals were constantly getting hit and broken. Eventually after one too many spills or bumps into pine trees they ripped off the vehicle entirely.
I think those kind of hybrid street/ trail motorbikes are OK for the street and dirt roads and well-established vehicle trails made for stock 4x4s, but not true off-road ATV / dirt bike trails. Not the kind of trail systems those jacked-up heavily modded 4x4's use.

Back
Top Bottom