Anyone ride a dual sport/super moto?

I rode my buddy's 400sm for about an hour last night. I'm not sure if it's for me. It was a lot of fun and everything popping curbs but idk. I got on the highway for like 3 miles and hated it. I think, for now at least, I would consider it as a second bike for running around and running from the cops but,
I don't think I could have it as my only bike.

I rode my buddy's 400sm for about an hour last night. I'm not sure if it's for me. It was a lot of fun and everything popping curbs but idk. I got on the highway for like 3 miles and hated it. I think, for now at least, I would consider it as a second bike for running around and running from the cops but,
I don't think I could have it as my only bike.
The only bike i've ever gotten in trouble on was my DR-Z. Out of 6 motorcycles it's the only one that could get me in ridiculous trouble but too slow to run. Got arrested for doing a wheelie down the highway. By the time i set it down the cop was behind me and with a top speed of 100 downhill with the wind behind you there is no running.

The only bike i've ever gotten in trouble on was my DR-Z. Out of 6 motorcycles it's the only one that could get me in ridiculous trouble but too slow to run. Got arrested for doing a wheelie down the highway. By the time i set it down the cop was behind me and with a top speed of 100 downhill with the wind behind you there is no running.
Wait wtf?! You can get arrested for wheelies?!?! I thought just a ticket.

The particular officer involved felt like it was wreckless driving. I clearly told him i was fully in control the whole time. Bail was $2,500 and fines were $900 so i got a $1,600 refund from the county. The judge and ADA agreed wreckless driving was a bit excessive. For what it's worth everyone in the jail thought it was a ridiculous charge so they let me sit on the benches next to them all day and only had to go in a cell long enough to eat and then right back out to hang out. Also later found out the officer who arrested me owns a CBR1000RR. Bet he never speeds or anything.

The particular officer involved felt like it was wreckless driving. I clearly told him i was fully in control the whole time. Bail was $2,500 and fines were $900 so i got a $1,600 refund from the county. The judge and ADA agreed wreckless driving was a bit excessive. For what it's worth everyone in the jail thought it was a ridiculous charge so they let me sit on the benches next to them all day and only had to go in a cell long enough to eat and then right back out to hang out. Also later found out the officer who arrested me owns a CBR1000RR. Bet he never speeds or anything.
What a jerk!!! And either way isn't reckless driving just a ticket?! I've never heard of someone getting arrested for that.

If so, is it your only bike? Would you ever only have that or would you/do you ride other stuff for the speed fix? Either way what do you have and how do you like it? Do any trail riding or just stick to streets? Will it make me actually become a holligan?

I'm currently on an SV1000 and love it. I have several friends who have switched it up to the DS/adventure bikes and I'm getting interested. Two bikes isn't really in my financial means right now as I'm buying a house in the next 6 months. If I did something like a DRZ400SM woulda be bored with it?
The 400 is in no way boring, I personally would opt for a 650...I got a chance to try out a 400 recently and its no torque monster but it,keeps up fine. You don't have any speeding,problems. I'd still opt for the 650, just to have,what you might not need, instead of needing and not having.

What a jerk!!! And either way isn't reckless driving just a ticket?! I've never heard of someone getting arrested for that.

You have now. This is why my new bike doesn't wheelie. Had to sell the last one because i was starting to get really good at my wheelies on it.

10393965_10153669466733300_5370564748913896113_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom