• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Appendix Carry Belt

Tip for fat boy appendix carry: wear your belt way looser than you would with strong side carry. Picked that up on a YouTube video several years ago and it helps.

And yeah, having the super awesome TacticalBelt9000 isn’t as important with appendix carry.

I'm going to guess he caught his shirt tail when holstering the gun. I'm constantly paranoid about holstering my weapon when carrying appendix and I have been for years but hopefully that's part of what keeps me alert enough not to do something stupid. It's like a chainsaw, I'm always nervous when running one and I never want that to go away because as soon as you get comfortable with one, stuff happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess he caught his shirt tail when holstering the gun. I'm constantly paranoid about holstering my weapon when carrying appendix and I have been for years but hopefully that's part of what keeps me alert enough not to do something stupid. It's like a chainsaw, I'm always nervous when running one and I never want that to go away because as soon as you get comfortable with one, stuff happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

When i am out doing yard work...

I APPENDIX CARRY A CHAINSAW!!

giphy (4).gif

Yep, definitely gonna need more info on this one. Doesn't seem to be a holster issue if he was using a G Code, I've never heard of this issue with those holsters; I have heard of Glocks going off because the slide rails were too short and tripped the sear but, that was in the VERY early days of Glock manufacture. It was most likely his under shirt in the trigger guard. Something had to trip the sear AND firing pin block to make it go off. Could have been another gun on him too, I couldn't tell what the last thing he threw off his belt was, if it was a spare mag not sure why he'd keep it on the right of his pistol... Or it could just be fake, it wouldn't be the first anti-aiwb post I've seen out of this website. Either way, I'm not running for the the 3 o'clock hills just yet.

Thank you for all the answers. I'll check out the belts suggested, especially the Blue Alpha Hybrid. I knew they made a cobra belt, but I didn't know know they made one with the smaller buckle.

And, now I don't feel so bad about wearing my buckle over my pocket. Maybe it's still a little geeky, but at least I'm not alone.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom