• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar-15 Pistol legality as a Truck Gun

Within the Georgia state lines, you won’t have any legal issues with what you’ve described. Your real concern should be how to secure it properly...many a truck gun has been stolen from under pick up seats in Georgia...you don’t want that loaded AR in the wrong hands. My biggest advice would be to have absolutely zero pro gun, right wing, pro 2nd Amendment or NRA stickers on your vehicle. They’re a billboard for thieves.

Within the Georgia state lines, you won’t have any legal issues With what you’ve described. Your real concern should be how to secure it properly...many a truck gun has been stolen from under pick up seats in Georgia...you don’t want that loaded AR in the wrong hands. My biggest advice would be to have absolutely zero pro gun, right wing, pro 2nd Amendment or NRA stickers on my vehicle. They’re a billboard for thieves.
I don't advertise. Actually posting what I posted here I had to stop and think real hard if I wanted to put out that much information. My weapons are secure. They are locked up where no one can get to them if they arnt on my person.

I think you need to be clear that any 'ar-pistol' is by Georgia law the same legally as any other pistol irregardless of caliber or number of rounds in the magazine.
upload_2020-7-20_12-40-14.jpeg

The 'ar-pistol' qualifies for a number of reasons. Born as a pistol and having an overall length of less than 26 inches.
Even without a permit, as long as you are not prohibited from possessing a firearm. You are legal to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle. (no specification on length)
https://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-20_12-39-37.jpeg
    upload_2020-7-20_12-39-37.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 10
I wouldn’t worry about it. I got into an accident with a suppressed M16 on the floorboard and a suppressed Glock on the passenger seat.

the cop looked at them through the door and told me I should lock my car. Never asked me a thing about them.

AR pistols are legal and any loaded gun is loaded in your vehicle...in Georgia anyway.

Savannah

Back
Top Bottom