• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Sling question...

cmshoot cmshoot
Question for you. Sir...
When mounting your forward mlock attachment on the handguard rail... should it be up front.??? Or back towards the back end of rail near chamber area.??? My first use of a Blue Force Vickers sling on an AR I just finished building, I mounted the front QD. attachment almost all the way forward on the rail... Seems like a lot of sling loss... just doesn't seem to hang as comfortably as I thought or expected it would.??? FYI, rear attachment point is a QD also on Magpul buttstock...
Any mounting/hanging advice would be much appreciated.!!!

Thanks

Either will work, it’s a personal preference. I prefer to mount my forward sling attachment point as far forward as possible. That way when it’s slung and cinched down, it does a better job of keeping the front of the rifle tight to my body and not swinging around.

I prefer my rear attachment point to be at the rear of the receiver and not on the stock. If it’s on the stock, if you have to move the stock in or out to accommodate armor/clothing/etc., you’re not also adjusting the sling.

Do you have a rear QD attachment at the rear of the receiver?

cmshoot cmshoot
No... I just have a rear facing steel loop end plate for the attachment of a single point sling... I will have to get a couple of the QD swivel end plates and try that out... That might be the answer...???
Thanks...

cmshoot cmshoot
No... I just have a rear facing steel loop end plate for the attachment of a single point sling... I will have to get a couple of the QD swivel end plates and try that out... That might be the answer...???
Thanks...

You have an MLOK tail with multiple attachment points for the front sling point?

I think I know what you have for the rear, but can you provide a link or pic of it to be sure?

cmshoot cmshoot
OK here are the pics of my attachment points... IMG_20190430_140758151[1480].jpg IMG_20190430_140818817[1478].jpg

cmshoot cmshoot
OK here are the pics of my attachment points...View attachment 2107468 View attachment 2107469

You can keep the rear setup you have now, and use an HK-style sling hook or a Blue Force Gear MASH hook. I know I’ve got several of the HK’s here at the house, maybe a MASH hook as well.

If you prefer, you can replace your receiver end plate with one that incorporates a socket for a QD swivel. I have those as well.

If you want to go with the last option, and need assistance, I’d be happy to do it for you while you wait and observe.

You can keep the rear setup you have now, and use an HK-style sling hook or a Blue Force Gear MASH hook. I know I’ve got several of the HK’s here at the house, maybe a MASH hook as well.

If you prefer, you can replace your receiver end plate with one that incorporates a socket for a QD swivel. I have those as well.

If you want to go with the last option, and need assistance, I’d be happy to do it for you while you wait and observe.
You're a good man, Shep.

Back
Top Bottom