• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Stoner COMPLETE upper $169!!! Now OOS

greg vess greg vess I know we can always count on you to give a brief, no bull**** opinion on anything AR related, so what’s your take on these uppers?
Hell most BCG's cost 150 bucks. I would say it's a win win for the complete upper. I mean I just ordered a gas tube and low profile gas block and it was 60 bucks. If you add up all the cost for the individual parts you by far surpass the 169 price. It looks like their all sold out but I would have ordered one of those for my truck gun. There has to be a sh*t ton of inventory just sitting around for them to offer deals like that. I mean that's insane.

Hell most BCG's cost 150 bucks. I would say it's a win win for the complete upper. I mean I just ordered a gas tube and low profile gas block and it was 60 bucks. If you add up all the cost for the individual parts you by far surpass the 169 price. It looks like their all sold out but I would have ordered one of those for my truck gun. There has to be a sh*t ton of inventory just sitting around for them to offer deals like that. I mean that's insane.
That’s sort of what I was thinking, but the only thing I can’t figure out is why they chose that type of gas block with those handguards.

Like fast306stang fast306stang said, there’s no way to mount a front sight with that configuration, so what would you do in that case?

That’s sort of what I was thinking, but the only thing I can’t figure out is why they chose that type of gas block with those handguards.

Like fast306stang fast306stang said, there’s no way to mount a front sight with that configuration, so what would you do in that case?
Well I guess they are thinking optics ready carbine kinda thing. If you look at the low profile gas block you can see two pins. So if you want a A2 front sight post it's already pinned for that. A A2 sight post, and hand guard cap would be all you need for a A2 set up or you could just swap out the low profile gas block for a picatinny type gas block. That way you can mount a flip up sight or a low mount fixed sight. For such a low initial cost that would be a very small investment for sight mounting.

I kinda sorta bummed out I missed out on that deal. Even if it's not the gold standard of uppers I would have slapped together a budget lower making sure everything was fully reliable and mounted a decent red dot. It would have made a perfect home protection gun. If I am not mistaken they take your gun for evidence if there is ever an incident. I wouldn't have a huge problem with them taking a gun like that instead of a 1,400 build. I really need to get a decent tactical 12 gauge for that. I traded off my last on for a Target Colt and made out like a bandit. I just haven't got around to replacing it yet. That upper would have made an excellent start on that type of gun.

Eh... I had an AR Stoner upper and I wasn't particularly impressed with it. When the bolt carrier gets released, I saw some kind of gap or hole through the dust cover and it weirded me out. Never had that happen before with any other upper. It shot okay and I didn't have any reliability issues though. Probably fine for a casual shooter.
I think it breaks down to something like $50 for the upper itself, $40 for the barrel, $50 for the BCG, and $10 for incidentals. I think Primary Arms is selling Bear Creek barrels for something like $40 right now. It's amazing how flooded the market is.

Eh... I had an AR Stoner upper and I wasn't particularly impressed with it. When the bolt carrier gets released, I saw some kind of gap or hole through the dust cover and it weirded me out. Never had that happen before with any other upper. It shot okay and I didn't have any reliability issues though. Probably fine for a casual shooter.
I think it breaks down to something like $50 for the upper itself, $40 for the barrel, $50 for the BCG, and $10 for incidentals. I think Primary Arms is selling Bear Creek barrels for something like $40 right now. It's amazing how flooded the market is.
I agree 100%. Prices are absolutely insane low. It's definitely a buyers market now.

Back
Top Bottom