• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arbys in dawsonville( Now a thread about something completely different starts on pg.5)

Just to play devils advocate, what he did might be viewed as a negative, if the gunowner learned something and goes out and purchases a more appropriate holster, maybe it was for the best. The next guy to snatch it could have truly intended harm.

Heck I wouldn't be caught eating at an Arby's that craps nasty. Look up how that stuffs made. 60 minutes or one of those shoes showed it being made. It starts out just a liquid. Then heated to make it a solid

I think you are mistaken and mean McDonalds and their Chicken Nuggets which is made from Mechanically Seperated Meat (MSM or the "pink goo"): http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

Arby's "liquid meat" is an internet hoax or myth: http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp

Since you "thought out" the situation, I guess the real reason you took another man's firearm was because he was smaller than you. If it had been a bigger man, would you have done the same thing? Guess your superior strength and knowledge was enough for you to take his gun. Yeah, I guess you had to be there to see what actually happened. Real life is not the internet, you, or someone close by, could have been hurt because of your arrogance. Why does anyone feel the need to place themselves in that situation? You are really lucky.

This X5,000. He really doesn't get just how lucky he was. There are so many things that could have gone sideways doing what he did. The scary part for me is he doesn't seem to understand that what he did is something that could have gotten him killed, or someone else killed or injured.

When I put myself in that situation, I carry one gun. If he had taken my gun I would have turned and went at him with my only tool left which is my knife. I may or may not have been killed by my own gun. Lets say I am. Lets say sniper22 did kill me, what do you think the cameras in the store are going to show? That sniper22 removed my gun which caused me to attempt to defend myself. Sniper22 might survive the fight but now he is going to jail for murder. All because of what? He wanted to prove a point. Like I said he has poor impulse control combined with being pretty ignorant and those two things combined make me weary that he carries a gun at all.

Just to play devils advocate, what he did might be viewed as a negative, if the gunowner learned something and goes out and purchases a more appropriate holster, maybe it was for the best. The next guy to snatch it could have truly intended harm.

Tell you what. Let me break into your house. I won't steal anything, I will just vandalize it. You know just to test your home security. You never know, the next guy might just break in with the intent to steal your stuff and maybe hurt your family. :wacko:

Seriously though, you don't commit an act of violence (or perceived violence by most), in an attempt to "educate" someone else. Who are you to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't be wearing or doing? Taking my gun would be flipping my switch, like I am sure it would with most people carrying. What Sniper22 did was beyond stupid. There is no justification for it.

I am really hoping this is satire. You took a gun from someone who you thought couldn't get it back and now you are here boasting about it. The truth is you got very, very, lucky. That ignorant **** could have gone south very quickly and it isn't even him I am talking about. You never know who is around you or what they are carrying. All your self preserved awesomeness means dick when someone behind you or on your flank knocks you over the head or worst case decides to shoot you because they perceive what you did was a hostile action.

Let's take all that off the table though. Lets forget for a second how stupid of an action was. Who are you to think you can just take a gun from someone just because you are bigger than him? That tells me you have poor impulse control. Very poor impulse control. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. People like you owning firearms, hell even vehicles, scare me. You need to grow up and mature some more. :wacko:

Yep what he said. Plus had that been my carry gun you took you would have learned I carry a back up on an ankle holster. You would have given me no choice but to assume you were about to shoot me so I would have emptied my backup into your chest until you dropped my primary. That would have sucked for the both of us but that is likely how it would have turned out. Any one who carries a backup weapon and would not have shot you while you were taking their primary weapon my as well not carry either. Anyone watching that situation should have assumed you had mal intent when you grabbed his weapon and should have taken the appropriate action. I believe you are lucky it ended with everyone laughing, I think there are a ton of other possible endings that would have been sad for all involved.

Do it next time you see the change. I did in Cartersville at the tractor supply to a guy OCing a M&P in a pos soft holster that didn't have any type of retainer, just reached out and removed his weapon. Dude went ballistic until he realized he no longer had a gun to defend himself with...
Seriously?!?! :confused:

Tell you what. Let me break into your house. I won't steal anything, I will just vandalize it. You know just to test your home security. You never know, the next guy might just break in with the intent to steal your stuff and maybe hurt your family. :wacko:

Seriously though, you don't commit an act of violence (or perceived violence by most), in an attempt to "educate" someone else. Who are you to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't be wearing or doing? Taking my gun would be flipping my switch, like I am sure it would with most people carrying. What Sniper22 did was beyond stupid. There is no justification for it.

I happen to agree with you 100% and would never attempt such a thing myself. I would, however try to strike up a conversation with the guy and point out the possibility that someone could easily disarm him. What he does after that is his business. At no point would I physically take hold of his gun. Just pointing out that sniper may have caused him to truly examine his carry method.

I happen to agree with you 100% and would never attempt such a thing myself. I would, however try to strike up a conversation with the guy and point out the possibility that someone could easily disarm him. What he does after that is his business. At no point would I physically take hold of his gun. Just pointing out that sniper may have caused him to truly examine his carry method.

Talking with him would have been the smart thing to do. There is nothing wrong with that. If the guy doesn't listen well then sucks to be him but beyond that what sniper22 was bullyish behavior. His actions based on his own words are more bully and less teacher in my opinion. He did what he did because he was bigger than the guy and he thought he could get away with it. He didn't seem to weigh in any other factors before acting, other than this guys size. That to me shows ignorance and poor impulse control.

Last edited:
Talking with him would have been the smart thing to do. There is nothing wrong with that. If the guy doesn't listen well then sucks to be him but beyond that what sniper22 was bullyish behavior. His actions based on his own words are more bully and less teacher in my opinion. He did what he did because he was bigger than the guy and he thought he could get away with it. He didn't seem to weigh in any other factors before acting, other than this guys size. That to me shows ignorance and poor impulse control.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom