• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arbys in dawsonville( Now a thread about something completely different starts on pg.5)

Never said the guy could not get it back and size played no roll. By the time he stood up and turned around I had the gun in a manner to give it back with a kind word of warning. He was pissed because he figured out that he put himself in danger. Not sure what everyone is afraid of but I think people watch to many movies.. when he left the store he was headed to Academy to get a holster. The whole point was an education, which he appreciated.
Like I said, guess you just had to be there.

smokey, while I understand the point you are making, I have a huge problem with the method. It is OK to sit behind a keyboard and criticize carry methods, joke about it, and make fun of those who do not agree. It is OK to be an arrogant know it all as long as it is on the internet. When someone takes that attitude to real life, and thinks that it is OK to act on their arrogance, then we all have a problem. The problem in the Tractor Supply in Cartersville was not the guy improperly carrying his gun, the problem was sniper 22 for letting his arrogance place other lives in danger. If anyone on this site feels that his actions were justified, I would like to hear them.

Never said the guy could not get it back and size played no roll.

If size didn't matter then why point out your size versus his size?

I'm 6'1" @ 245lbs, he was 5'8" at best and in his early 20s. I thought it out before acting.
The lil guy wasn't going to do anything other than try to call a scene that went south on his end very fast. it would have been great if someone would have been there recording it.
I would have probably just put my hand on top of his head so he couldn't reach me.

Size clearly is an issue with you.

He was pissed because he figured out that he put himself in danger.

No, YOU put his life in danger. The holster he was using may have been stupid but what you did eclipsed that by a mile and a half. You had no idea what kind of condition that firearm was in when you grabbed it out of his holster. It could have gone off and injured or killed him or yourself or someone else. Among about a dozen other things that could have gotten both of your injured or killed.

Not sure what everyone is afraid of but I think people watch to many movies..

This has nothing to do with movies. This is about common sense. What you did lacks common sense. There is plenty here to be afraid of. Randomly taking someones gun is pretty far up there of dumb **** you can do in a day.

when he left the store he was headed to Academy to get a holster. The whole point was an education, which he appreciated.

No, you have made this clear, your goal was to humiliate him. Your motivation appears to me to be more in line with being a bully and has less to do with teaching.

I think you are very lucky most of us were not there. I won't speak for the others but had I witnessed it I would have drew down on you. What you did was engage in an act of hostility. Nobody there knew your intentions other than you and that is a very stupid position to put yourself in.

You represent gun owners here in Georgia. You make all of us look like ignorant mouth breathers pulling stupid **** like that. The reply's you are getting here are a clue. Grow up and think next time.

Last edited:
:confused: Did you type-o that? The link clearly states McDonalds is NOT made from MSM (since 2003) and is all white meat.

No, my point was up until 2003 McDonalds made their Chicken McNuggets from a MSP (Mechanically Separated Poultry), thus where the public hysteria was birthed from. Arby's however uses "Trimmed Boneless Beef Chunks (Minimum 70%) Combined With Chopped Beef For a Maximum of 12% Fat. Contains up to 9.0% of a Self-Basting Solution of Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate" for their beef.

I'm 5'6" come and take it
image.jpg
Sorry man, couldn't resist

Never said the guy could not get it back and size played no roll. By the time he stood up and turned around I had the gun in a manner to give it back with a kind word of warning. He was pissed because he figured out that he put himself in danger. Not sure what everyone is afraid of but I think people watch to many movies.. when he left the store he was headed to Academy to get a holster. The whole point was an education, which he appreciated.

Sniper22 - Not a very smart move my friend. I'm surprised we haven't read your obituary. I carry a backup / secondary EDC that would've been draw within a second or two of you grabbing my primary EDC and that would not have turned out well for you. And that is a point of education that I hope you appreciate.

Last edited:
Sniper22 - Not a very smart move my friend. I'm surprised we haven't read your obituary. I carry a backup / secondary EDC that would've been draw within a second or two of you grabbing my primary EDC and that would not have turned out well for you.

Your primary wouldn't have been hanging in a manner that a 5 year old kid could reach out and take it with no resistance. Like I said a dozen times, you had to be there. I would be more shocked if any of the people talking here hadn't done the same thing.
As for Biker, I wouldn't have a reason to take yours. It's not about being big enough or bad enough, it was about the fact that a kid could have plucked it up and the guy wouldn't have know till it was to late. Actually, if the guy would have tried to pick up the box he was attempting to get, the gun would have fell out onto the ground.

As for those who would have " drawn down" on me, I doubt it. Anyone who thinks what I did was dumb, would have taken cover! But then again this is the internet...
I would actually bet, if any of yall had been there, you'd have talked about doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom