• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arbys in dawsonville( Now a thread about something completely different starts on pg.5)

Your primary wouldn't have been hanging in a manner that a 5 year old kid could reach out and take it with no resistance. Like I said a dozen times, you had to be there. I would be more shocked if any of the people talking here hadn't done the same thing.
As for Biker, I wouldn't have a reason to take yours. It's not about being big enough or bad enough, it was about the fact that a kid could have plucked it up and the guy wouldn't have know till it was to late. Actually, if the guy would have tried to pick up the box he was attempting to get, the gun would have fell out onto the ground.

As for those who would have " drawn down" on me, I doubt it. Anyone who thinks what I did was dumb, would have taken cover! But then again this is the internet...
I would actually bet, if any of yall had been there, you'd have talked about doing the same.

True, but fortunately for you the guy that OC'ing in a manner as you described didn't have a backup / secondary EDC on them. And yes, I would most definitely would have drawn on you and probably fired. That was the way I was trained and once training becomes ingrained and an involuntary motor movement, it becomes secondary... err, primary nature. Personally, I'm just glad you did not get shot. You seem like a good guy that has moments of stupidity as we all do.

Disarming strangers is a great teaching tool. When I see a woman (that is smaller than me and won't kick my a**) who is not holding her purse tightly I snatch it and run a few steps then turn around, laugh and bring it back. Same thing when I see someone a step or two to far away from their baby at the grocery store. Just trying to help people with situational awareness. I can't help it, it's just a natural manifestation of a teachers heart humbly bettering humanity.

As for those who would have " drawn down" on me, I doubt it. Anyone who thinks what I did was dumb, would have taken cover! But then again this is the internet...
I would actually bet, if any of yall had been there, you'd have talked about doing the same.

First, there's an eternity's worth of difference between "talking about doing the same" and actually "doing the same" so let's just get that out of the way to begin with.

Second, if this story is even true (which I do not believe that it is), you were incredibly fortunate to not have been involved in some form of altercation or shooting. I've read a lot of really, really stupid stuff on the ODT. This one takes the cake.

True, but fortunately for you the guy that OC'ing in a manner as you described didn't have a backup / secondary EDC on them. And yes, I would most definitely would have drawn on you and probably fired. That was the way I was trained and once training becomes ingrained and an involuntary motor movement, it becomes secondary... err, primary nature. Personally, I'm just glad you did not get shot. You seem like a good guy that has moments of stupidity as we all do.

You wouldn't have drawn, you would have probably beat me to it.. like I said you had to be there. What I haven't told anyone is that, A) I knew the guy, he had no clue that anyone else was even in the store. B) his gun was literally about to hit the floor and he had no clue. And C) I knew he didn't have any other weapon because of his attire.

I'm laughing harder at all the experts here than at his look when he realized he didn't have his gun anymore.
I'd be more shocked if one of the people here talking about how dumb it was didn't beat to it. I guess if I told everyone about disarming a drunk guy, I'd really get convicted.
I've done stuff in the past that I probably wouldn't do again, but this ain't one of em.

You wouldn't have drawn, you would have probably beat me to it.. like I said you had to be there. What I haven't told anyone is that, A) I knew the guy, he had no clue that anyone else was even in the store. B) his gun was literally about to hit the floor and he had no clue. And C) I knew he didn't have any other weapon because of his attire.

I'm laughing harder at all the experts here than at his look when he realized he didn't have his gun anymore.
I'd be more shocked if one of the people here talking about how dumb it was didn't beat to it. I guess if I told everyone about disarming a drunk guy, I'd really get convicted.
I've done stuff in the past that I probably wouldn't do again, but this ain't one of em.
well you did leave yourself open for interpretation and ODT abuse.Carry on

So it was a joke and you weren't being serious. That's the great thing about the internet. Lie you ass off, embellish, and then laugh at the "experts". Geez, that is funny. You are a funny man. Thanks for the joke this morning. Should we all just think that anything you post is a joke? I for one am glad that you used this forum to make a joke. But I guess I was right, you are much better off being an internet warrior. Congratulations, you did something I did not think was possible. You made yourself look like an ass twice in the same thread.

nope this thread is done.Nothing funny about it anymore,kinda like Bedouin,we got duped and that wasnt funny then or now

Back
Top Bottom