• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are used PSA ARs selling anymore?

i never claimed to be a SME, just was pointing out how those people differentiate...

as far as me enlightening you...as compared to RRA and other junk rifles?

fixstupid.jpg

well ignoring your goofy attempt to be insulting...ill address your earlier concern.

some differences in assembly would be:

torque values
staking of the receiver end plate
properly staking the gas key screws
aeroshell 33ms applied to upper receiver threads as well as the BE
proper HPT/MP testing

some differences in materials used would be:

correct barrel steel (Mil-B-11595E)
correct 7075 mil-spec REs
chrome lining (various parts)
correct springs
correct bolt steel (C158)
correct bolt carrier steel (8620)
H-buffer
grade 8 knurled gas key screws

There are more, but certainly these should be of high importance when choosing a serious rifle...im not saying Colts are perfect...theres just a standard and Colt adheres to it...many other manufacturers do not, its as simple as that....there are also manufacturers that produce a better rifle than colt (depending on whats important to you), but the ones u named, aren't them.

Not to mention the stupid things some manufacturers do like red loctite on RE threads...wonder who that would be.

Colts ar ok at best. Seen a few of them fail pretty badly overseas. But for the most part they held up. Im not a super accurate shooter so most rifles can out shoot me so vant speak about the accuracy too much. Never had a problem with psa rifles but also never carries them all day everyday in combat either. I think for what 99.9% of people are going to do with them in the states why pay more unless you just want to.

chrome lined barrels are a minus, not a plus...to me, anyway. The chrome adds material inside the rifling and lessens the accuracy. It doesn't change it much, but there's no benefit in changing it any. It was added during the Vietnam war due to prolonged exposure to moisture causing corrosion. If you plan on spending a long time in a jungle sleeping in leaky tents, then you might benefit from a chrome lined barrel. Personally, I'd rather not have it.

Colts ar ok at best. Seen a few of them fail pretty badly overseas. But for the most part they held up. Im not a super accurate shooter so most rifles can out shoot me so vant speak about the accuracy too much. Never had a problem with psa rifles but also never carries them all day everyday in combat either. I think for what 99.9% of people are going to do with them in the states why pay more unless you just want to.

Shameless plug (since I've never done one before)
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-psa-factory-built-m4.1319898/

Instead of a colt I would rather have two PSA s with the good barrels.
Maybe like the one I have.
Barrel: A proprietary blend of Hammer forged chrome molly vanadium made by FN that is referred to as "Machine Gun Steel" by virtue of its required use in FN's M249 and M240 weapons. The hammer forging process work hardens the steel, making it more durable. In addition, the chrome process for the bore allows for a lining almost twice as thick as a standard M16 for enhanced durability. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. The M4 profile barrel is Mil-spec phosphate coated, High Pressure tested and Magnetic Particle inspected. Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring T-marks, these upper receivers are made for us right here in the USA.

Instead of a colt I would rather have two PSA s with the good barrels.

I'm really impressed with the PSA guns.
I work at a gun club and nobody ever has a problem with them.

Side by side from any distance I couldn't tell it from my Colt, except the Colt has a Meprolight M21 on it.
They both have the same furniture.

At 200 yards with old eyes I shot this gun with iron sights at an IPSC target at 200 yards.
Forgot my spotting scope that day, but was pleasantly surprised to find all 3 hits in the A Zone.
I have nothing against these rifles and I'm keeping one for myself.
If I needed one, I wouldn't be afraid to buy one just because they're not expensive.
That would be silly....

Maybe like the one I have.
Barrel: A proprietary blend of Hammer forged chrome molly vanadium made by FN that is referred to as "Machine Gun Steel" by virtue of its required use in FN's M249 and M240 weapons. The hammer forging process work hardens the steel, making it more durable. In addition, the chrome process for the bore allows for a lining almost twice as thick as a standard M16 for enhanced durability. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. The M4 profile barrel is Mil-spec phosphate coated, High Pressure tested and Magnetic Particle inspected. Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring T-marks, these upper receivers are made for us right here in the USA.
That's the one.

Back
Top Bottom