• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are used PSA ARs selling anymore?

well ignoring your goofy attempt to be insulting...ill address your earlier concern.

some differences in assembly would be:

torque values
staking of the receiver end plate
properly staking the gas key screws
aeroshell 33ms applied to upper receiver threads as well as the BE
proper HPT/MP testing

some differences in materials used would be:

correct barrel steel (Mil-B-11595E)
correct 7075 mil-spec REs
chrome lining (various parts)
correct springs
correct bolt steel (C158)
correct bolt carrier steel (8620)
H-buffer
grade 8 knurled gas key screws

There are more, but certainly these should be of high importance when choosing a serious rifle...im not saying Colts are perfect...theres just a standard and Colt adheres to it...many other manufacturers do not, its as simple as that....there are also manufacturers that produce a better rifle than colt (depending on whats important to you), but the ones u named, aren't them.

Not to mention the stupid things some manufacturers do like red loctite on RE threads...wonder who that would be.

Thats all fine and dandy....
But Colt dose not make anything in house any more.... Except some, but not all of their barrels, and their lowers... All of the "guts" of the Colt rifles are farmed out...
Mil-Spec. parts, are mil-spec parts...
Not to mention, Colt, in the 90's put a different lower trigger parts, so that, their triggers would not be compatable with standard mil-spec triggers... It's no wounder why people like me who have seen, hundred's of Colt rifle, be at best, a mid-level AR rifle...
BTW..... All of the "Colt" marked mags, were made by OK industry, and simply, had a Colt lower stamped base plate on the Mag...

I'm thinking of buying a Colt AR (and a 1911) soon, but mainly just to have a Colt gun.

I'm pretty sure the next time they go bankrupt (could be as soon as 2018) it will be for good and for real this time and I'd hate not to have one of each in the collection.

I still see psa rifles selling but they do seem to be a tad cheaper but it seems all Ar's are cheaper now. The ones I really wonder if they are selling are the "ultra Premium" insanley priced ones. Is anyone spending 2k on an AR anymore or all are the war sports, PO, ect sitting around while their owners panic at the dollars dropping

I still see psa rifles selling but they do seem to be a tad cheaper but it seems all Ar's are cheaper now. The ones I really wonder if they are selling are the "ultra Premium" insanley priced ones. Is anyone spending 2k on an AR anymore or all are the war sports, PO, ect sitting around while their owners panic at the dollars dropping
For those types of customers, they're making enough money that it's probably irrelevant.

Thats all fine and dandy....
But Colt dose not make anything in house any more.... Except some, but not all of their barrels, and their lowers... All of the "guts" of the Colt rifles are farmed out...
Mil-Spec. parts, are mil-spec parts...
Not to mention, Colt, in the 90's put a different lower trigger parts, so that, their triggers would not be compatable with standard mil-spec triggers... It's no wounder why people like me who have seen, hundred's of Colt rifle, be at best, a mid-level AR rifle...
BTW..... All of the "Colt" marked mags, were made by OK industry, and simply, had a Colt lower stamped base plate on the Mag...

That was my whole point.

I have a question for the experienced operators. Without getting into the "which is better" argument, a better (less controversial) question is what types of failures have you seen or experienced personally in the field? What features would you recommend I spend extra money on or avoid.

I have a question for the experienced operators. Without getting into the "which is better" argument, a better (less controversial) question is what types of failures have you seen or experienced personally in the field? What features would you recommend I spend extra money on or avoid.
I'm a mall ninja warrior, so here's my 2 cents. Never ever, do not ever, ever, ever skimp when it comes to getting a BCG. I've had a bolt failure before, where the rifle got stuck with a loaded round in the chamber. That sucks.
After the BCG, having a good trigger and good quality barrel will take you pretty far.

That covers the majority of moving parts on the rifle, right?

Learn how to clear a "Bolt over ride" and "double feeds", I haven't looked on you tube, but I'm sure there are vids of how to do it correctly...
060.jpg

This is a bolt over ride w/ a double feed...
* the best way to clear it is to put a flat head screw driver, or leatherman type tool, on the bolt face, and pull back to the rear...
Please note, this will very hard to do, and what ever you do, DO NOT pull on the charging handle, or "hammer" the weapon on the ground, this will just make it worse, and it will be in there tighter than nuts on a new bridge.

Back
Top Bottom