• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we united? doesn't seem so

Just a thought - Be curious to know, of all the "members" complaining about the price gouging etc. How many have invested real American dollars in supporting this site, as opposed to building post count with multiple BS comments about other's weapons and how they wished for this or that.

And that has to do with the topic at hand how?

I agree with you on proud to be a supporter.

Point is lots of "members" expressing opinions do not bother to put any skin in the game. Understand they are free to do so but it ain't free to keep the site up. Funny how many high post count, low feedback, nonsupporters complain about others dealings.

Like I saw Steve post something like, do not like it move along - I say especially to non supporters!

I agree with you on proud to be a supporter.

Point is lots of "members" expressing opinions do not bother to put any skin in the game. Understand they are free to do so but it ain't free to keep the site up. Funny how many high post count, low feedback, nonsupporters complain about others dealings.

Like I saw Steve post something like, do not like it move along - I say especially to non supporters!

Whats with the elitist mentality? I constantly refer people to the site, click on adds, and plan on supporting for 5 years right after Christmas. Everyone is equal here buddy.

Nothing to do with elitist mentality just observation and opinions. Anything can be picked apart to be analyzed for curiosity purposes.

For example the statement, everyone is equal, then why have feedback & post counts? And why won't some members deal with less than X feedback score?

Heck I just learn tonight by hitting the wrong button the support levels by year! I support because I enjoy the posting and all of the deals.

but then a new member posted 20 new Okay ind mags for $200, so there were choices in the market. id rather use a coupler or duct tape 2 mags together than buy one for $90.

Let me clarify, he wants $200 per mag. Then he posted this doozie about the Surefire mags he's selling:

I have a friend that works for them and he says their mags are.gonna be a long wait.

Last edited:
If that's what someone wants to pay then so be it, and you DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT! If someone wants to pay $1,500 then who cares! I certainly don't!

because this kind of greed will spread when others are looking for a ball park range of what to sell their guns for. i never have and never will screw people over for my guns, no, ANYTHING i sell. times are hard for everybody and if i can make some money back off of a sell to go towards something different, im all for it. the past few guns ive sold, the buyer mentioned it was for their kids first gun or for their younger relatives to get into firearms/learn on.who am i to be a cash hog and ask an outrageous price for something? (not knocking you personally just wanted to touch on subject)

I don't do alot of posting on here but have done a little trading and love this place. Lets just don't let this place turn into what happened on the old GON site. I think most of The carpetbaggers will be gone before long. Just like everything else in this country there is a short attention span and they will hopefully move on in a few days when the newness of this whole sorry situation wears off a little

because this kind of greed will spread when others are looking for a ball park range of what to sell their guns for. i never have and never will screw people over for my guns, no, ANYTHING i sell. times are hard for everybody and if i can make some money back off of a sell to go towards something different, im all for it. the past few guns ive sold, the buyer mentioned it was for their kids first gun or for their younger relatives to get into firearms/learn on.who am i to be a cash hog and ask an outrageous price for something? (not knocking you personally just wanted to touch on subject)

I don't see it as "greed," people don't want to accept that guns are no different than anything else, the prices & values are not constant, they rise and fall with changes in supply and demand like everything else. They also aren't a commodity, they are a luxury item in so much as you do not need one to survive, can someone really be "gouged" for a luxury item?

If you bought an ounce of gold a couple years ago and went to sell it now, would you sell it for what you paid for it? Would selling it for current market value make you greedy? Would you be screwing over the person you sell it to?

Back
Top Bottom