• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we united? doesn't seem so

I don't see it as "greed," people don't want to accept that guns are no different than anything else, the prices & values are not constant, they rise and fall with changes in supply and demand like everything else. They also aren't a commodity, they are a luxury item in so much as you do not need one to survive, can someone really be "gouged" for a luxury item?If you bought an ounce of gold a couple years ago and went to sell it now, would you sell it for what you paid for it? Would selling it for current market value make you greedy? Would you be screwing over the person you sell it to?
Yep. My new 6920 was selling for 1099 a week ago when it was purchased. Tonight they are selling for 2000-2500 on arfcom and gunbroker. If I wanted to sell it, would it be smart to price it at half of current market value?

I don't see it as "greed," people don't want to accept that guns are no different than anything else, the prices & values are not constant, they rise and fall with changes in supply and demand like everything else. They also aren't a commodity, they are a luxury item in so much as you do not need one to survive, can someone really be "gouged" for a luxury item?

If you bought an ounce of gold a couple years ago and went to sell it now, would you sell it for what you paid for it? Would selling it for current market value make you greedy? Would you be screwing over the person you sell it to?

Well, gold has seen a steady climb over the years. What we're dealing with here is literally an overnight frenzy pounced on by opportunists. I think a lot of folks' moral compass went haywire when they saw these outrages prices as they themselves probably don't have the heart to gouge fellow ODT'ers like that. Hence all the bubble busting. Though I wouldn't necessarily call these opportunists greedy as much I would call the buyers desperately stupid.

I'm really digging the inflated prices on guns that are not in danger of being banned. 1911s, pump shotguns, etc.

I suppose they dont understand how panic buying works.

I'm really digging the inflated prices on guns that are not in danger of being banned. 1911s, pump shotguns, etc.

I suppose they dont understand how panic buying works.

:lol: Freakin' idiots. I've had a few good laughs browsing the Classifieds today. And even more so when I see the crap actually sold.

Well, gold has seen a steady climb over the years. What we're dealing with here is literally an overnight frenzy pounced on by opportunists. I think a lot of folks' moral compass went haywire when they saw these outrages prices as they themselves probably don't have the heart to gouge fellow ODT'ers like that. Hence all the bubble busting. Though I wouldn't necessarily call these opportunists greedy as much I would call the buyers desperately stupid.

You're also dealing with sellers that may or may not know that a lot of manufacturers are shutting down for the Christmas holidays. All those sellers see is that they can't find anymore AR-15s and are wondering how long it will be until they see the next one, if at all.

It's ok folks...more are on the way.

Dan

I have not heard any one saying when they will be getting anymore AND what the price will be.
I did not hear come back after Xmas and we will have some more at November prices.
All I heard was all distributors are out.
It could be all hype.
RIDE THE BEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You sir (300) are a good man.
I cannot agree with you more.
Not saying we should give out free stuff but we shouldn't be charging someone an extra hounded bucks extra that has the same interest and love for guns as we each do.
We should help one another out not scam one another.

Back
Top Bottom